A daily used drug and how it can affect your mind
What is Caffeine?
Caffeine is a crystalline compound that is found in high amounts especially in tea and coffee plants and is a stimulant of the central nervous system causing mental alertness, anxiety, and dizziness.
How does caffeine affect the brain?
Affects of Caffeine in Small Amounts
- increases alertness
- gives most people energy boosts depending on the size of the dosage and the person
- elevates mood
- deteriorates calcium which slowly progresses to bone loss over time
- can be used to relieve migrane headaches for some but make headaches worse for others
Affects of Caffeine in Large Amounts
- possible to die of overdose but extremely rare
- blocks sleep inducing energy such as adenosine and speeds up nerve cell activity
- can cause anxiety, dizziness, and the jitters
- can cause extreme dehydration in events with possible heat and sweating such as sports activities
- greatly increases chances of bone loss in later years
Adenosine- white, crystalline form of adenine and ribose that are found in the body that induce sleep and are used to treat an irregular heartbeat (in simple terms, it keeps the bodily functions at a calmed state)
YOU CANNOT BE ADDICTED TO CAFFEINE!
Caffeine withdrawal is a real thing and is serious as it makes people easily irritated and extreme drowsiness.
How to Quit Using Caffeine
Suddenly stopping usage of caffeine can cause serious cases of headaches, a sense of drowsiness, irritability, or just plain lousy. The best ay to stop using caffeine is to cut back slowly and get enough sleep and eercise as you will feel tired after you stop using caffeine.