Sunny Palms Community
June 2016 Update
Hello Sunny Palms Troop Leaders
- Meeting Schedule--next meeting is June 6th
- Family Partnership Information
- Adult Recognition
- Bridging Pics
- Action Required: Send in your Troop Status Update--Past Due
- Troop Finance Reports--Due June 15th
- Early Bird Renewals--ends June 30th
- Camp Registration and Info
- Lots of Pictures!
- Upcoming Events in our Area
- Contacts and Resources
- Contributing to Future Updates
- Past Updates
Sunny Palms Community Leader Meeting Schedule and Key Dates
Mark your calendars! Our leader meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at St. John's Episcopal Church Parish Hall at 902 S Orleans, Tampa, FL 33606 from 7-8pm.June 6th
Key Dates (see below for more details):
First meeting of Fall will be September 12th due to the Labor Day holiday
Family Partnership and Matching Donations
Pictured: Angela Weck, leader of 665, accepting the family partnership dash for 2015/2016 highest amount raised by a troop.
Congratulations for completing 5 years of volunteer service: Patricia Poole, Jacque Griggs, Anitress Thornton, Lorie Kittendorf, Heidi Magin, Shika Sharma, and Gayle Lambert. The adults recognized for Membership Years: Linda Rodriguez 10 years and Lorie Kittendorf 15 years.
Pictured (L to R): Patricia Poole, Jacque Griggs, Anitress Thornton and Liz Wherley
Here are pictures from the ceremony from Troops 1297, 2219 and 2213. If you have pics from the ceremony, you can post them here: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B04GRMtznG8s4XH
Troop Status Update Form--ACTION REQUIRED--send in your update
It is that time of the year when troops finish up the school year and leaders pull out their receipts and fill out the Finance and Budget Sheet. Leaders and their treasurers are encouraged to bring all their statements, check book and receipts to tomorrow's meeting and we will help them prepare their reports. Accounting coordinators will collect and review the report. Once reviewed, it should be sent to community membership managers by June 15. If leaders need help, please have them contact the accounting coordinators.
Remember: profits made on cookies and fall sales are on the report sent from the community's service unit product manager(s).
- If you have cookies leftover and are still selling or donating them, please note this on the report and the troop profit from the cookie report will be different.
- Contributions made from cookie booths should be entered on this report. If used for military donations, then it is an income and goes back out as an expense.
Questions? Contact your community membership manager, Layne Gregory.
Early Bird Renewal--Sunny Palms is in last place! Please renew by June 30th!
It's that time of year again - time to register for another year of Girl Scouts! Summer is dawning and troops are preparing for year-end activities like bridging and awards, while looking forward to a fun summer (perhaps, with lots of camping!) Fall seems like a long time away, but it will be here sooner than you think, making this the perfect time to renew for another year of fun times in Girl Scouts with friends. Plus, did we mention the awesome incentives for Troop Leaders and communities?!
This year, girls receive a cool patch with our 2016-2017 early bird being a swan for our friends in Lakeland. The first 750 troops who register 80% of their girls and 2 troop leaders will receive a $15 voucher to use at GSWCF Girl Scout Store, troop camping or towards girl programs!
Plus, you can earn BONUSES and more money from the cookie and fall product sales - learn more.
Here is a step-by-step guide for renewing that you can forward to your troop parents: http://www.gswcf.org/content/dam/wcf-images/pdf-forms/Renewal-Parent%20Walk%20Through.pdf The page where payment info is entered will also have a Family Partnership donation option--please encourage supporting this cause--our community won a free encampment by having the highest contribution this past year!
Contact: For more information about Early Bird contact your Community Membership Manager, Layne Gregory.
Register Today for Girl Scout Summer Camp
Are girls in your troop registered for #CampLife yet? They get to enjoy cool adventures on hot days making instant memories and friends that last a lifetime. It's a place where they'll be encouraged to try new things and take risks in safe, supportive environment.
- We have Day Camp, Overnight Camp and Travel Camp sessions
- Choose your camp adventure by Date, Grade Level or Location
- Check out this article about getting first-time overnight campers ready
- Families can apply for Camperships that provide financial assistance to those in need so that more girls can experience Girl Scout Summer Camp
- Prepare with "Nuts and Bolts" of what you need to know about Summer Camp
- Come check out our overnight camps (Camp Wai Lani and Camp Wildwood) to walk the property, meet staff, check out the cabins and more; register for Open Houses here
- Keep up with the latest news and updates by liking our Facebook page
- Questions? Concerns? Compliments? We're just an email or phone call away (813-262-1806).
Troops 1297 & 2220
Learning about anti bullying from two Troop parents.
This troop runs as a co-op, meaning Troop parents take on hosting different meetings.
Finishing up their anti bullying meeting
Outing at Camp Dorothy Thomas to work on media journey.
This Troop is worked on the Media Journey in preparation for earning their Silver Award.
End of year "dog washing" party. The girls created this party. Wag hosted and talked to the girls about dog care.
The girls made dog toys, colored and decorated dog cookies.
The dream come true--the girls washed six of their own dogs.
Contacts and Resources
Robin Roup – External Recruitment Manager-- 813.262.1692 / RRoup@gswcf.org
Tiffany Wingard – Internal Recruitment Specialist-- 813.262.1809 / TWingard@gswcf.org
Layne Gregory – Community Membership Manager-- 813.262.1599 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Troop Support -
K-5th Contacts are Erin Hollen Ehollen@gswcf.org and Lisa Ranon LRanon@gswcf.org
6-12th/STEM Contacts are Alison Wenickie email@example.com and Alice Benefiel firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Connections – email@example.com
Camp Reservations - camp info / 813-262-1770 / firstname.lastname@example.org
2015-2016 Volunteer Essentials: Volunteer Essentials
Sunny Palms Check Reimbursement - here
Guidelines for Troop Travel: here.