E.J. Hayes Weekly Newsletter
February 25, 2022
Note from the Principal's Desk
Greetings Parents and Stakeholders,
Students are still doing awesome at Hayes. We love seeing smiling faces and happy children as they are learning. Please remember that February 28, 2022 is now a school day. This is a make up day for our snow day in January. We have also changed our Picture day from next week to April 1, 2022. Please plan accordingly! Please try to get your child to school by 7:55am each day and please try to limit the number of days that they are absent from school. End of Grade exams are only 3 months away and we need all students to be ready and confident. Students of the Month also need to return their signs by Tuesday of next week. We do not have school on Friday February 4, 2022. Thank you for all you do for E.J. Hayes: Where relationships foster learning.
Please return the Student of the Month Signs from last month
- February 28 - Make up day for 1/21/22 snow day
- March 1- Hayes and Bryant class visit Innovation campus
- March 2 - Mobley and Jones class visit Innovation campus
- March 3 - Wynne and Cherry class visit Innovation campus
- March 3 - End of 4th 6 weeks
- March 4 - Optional Teacher Workday (Remote Learning day for Students)
- March 10 - Required Teacher Workday: Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7pm
- March 11 - Required Teacher Workday: Parent/Teacher Conferences 8-12am
- March 14-March 18 - E.J. Hayes Book Fair in the Media Center
- March 28 - No School day for Martin County Schools (Remote Learning day for Students)
- April 1 - Picture day for E.J. Hayes Elementary
- April 7-8 - 4th graders visit the Martin County Innovation Campus
- May 5-6 - 5th graders visit the Martin County Innovation Campus
- April 29 - End of 5th 6 weeks
- June 9 - Last day of school (students will be released at 12:45pm)
Idioms from Cardoza's class: Can your child guess what each costume means?
Pre School Registration Information
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Board of Education Revises Student Dress Code
Revisions to the Student Dress Code (4303) were approved during the January 25, 2022 work session of the Martin County Schools Board of Education. Please note the revisions to the policy and keep in mind all students will be expected to adhere to the updated policy.
Martin County Schools Student Dress Code 4303, as revised January 25, 2022, was effective upon approval of the Martin County Board of Education. Full policy is linked below.