Kindergarten 2021-22 Kick-Off
We Welcome Your Family To Cherokee!
We choose to Inspire ~ Believe ~ Achieve & LEAD!
Recording of our May 2021 Virtual Kindergarten Kick-Off
Welcome to Cherokee!
We are so happy to have you as part of our school community. We look forward to a year of leading and learning together. Below you will find information to help make the transition to our school as smooth as possible.
Kindergarten Registration Information
Step 1: Complete Kindergarten Online Registration
IF you completed registration prior to COVID, your child is ready-to-go in the fall.
IF you have registered for Kindergarten and did not complete the registration process prior to COVID, your family will be contacted by office staff at a later date to finalize your child's registration.
IF you have not already registered for Kindergarten, you will be registering online. Chippewa Valley Schools is transitioning to an online registration process.
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK: https://ecollect.accelaschool.com/chippewa
Step 2: Complete Family Input Form
Each year, our staff work to develop strong relationships and learn more about your child. Part of this process is learning more about each child's academic, social, and emotional needs. As a partner in this process, we offer your family the opportunity to tell us about your child's unique learning style, strengths, and challenges. This information is one piece we use in ensuring a successful Kindergarten transition.
The intent of this form is to help ensure the best possible learning environment for all children. It is not intended to be an opportunity to request a specific teacher. Due to many variables, honoring specific teacher requests is not possible.
Please take a moment to complete the online Family Input Form by clicking the button below.
ALL Families are asked to provide information on your Kindergarten child.
Step 3: Optional At-Home Activity - Getting Excited for Kindergarten
- Print or click to open a digital copy of the "Future Wildcat" page below.
- Have your child draw a picture or add one of his/her favorite digital photos.
- Have your child to write his/her name on the line.
- As an extension, invite your child to write a sentence explaining what he/she is excited about as a future Wildcat Leader. (Even if it doesn't look like a sentence to you, having your child try to get ideas in print is a great skill :)
- Hang this poster in your house to share the excitement.