Weekly News - 9th Edition - 11/4/19
- 11/8 Make-up Picture Day - If you were absent, please ask your teacher for a order form. If you do not like your pictures, bring in pictures and give to photographer.
- 11/11 Veteran's Day - Information to come
- 11/11 School Psychology Awareness Week
- 11/11 Report Cards Issued
- 11/11 Parent-Teacher Conference Scheduling Opens
- 11/13 ESP Day - Educator Support Professional's Day
- 11/18 American Education Week (More information to come)
- 11/18 The Council of Elders Celebration of Academic Achievement - 7:00 p.m. - LRHS
- 11/20 - 11/26 - Book Fair (Information below)
- 11/25 Kid's Heart Challenge
- 11/25 Schools Close 3 hours early - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/26 Schools Close 3 hours early - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/27 Schools Closed - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/28-11/29 Schools Closed
Celebrations: NOVEMBER - National American Indian Heritage Month
No Walking Wednesdays on the following dates due to staff meetings:
November 26, March 11, April 29, May 20.
Advanced Planning Calendar: In order to avoid any confusion, I will be taking down the advanced planning calendar and using the weekly newsletter only to communicate dates. I am in the process of updating our website. This will also have a calendar of events.
HSES Website: http://hses.hcpss.org/
PTA Website: What is a PTA? "The main role of the local PTA is to build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and schools, in support of students. This can include recruiting and coordinating volunteers, providing special recognition in awards ceremonies or through other activities, organizing parent education events, planning teacher appreciation activities and much more."
Curriculum for coming weeks (Click Here):
As the school year gets underway, we will provide the standards that each grade level is focusing on for that week. For deeper understanding of the standards, please visit HCPSS.org for links to the curriculum - https://www.hcpss.org/academics/english-language-arts/curriculum/
Curriculum Corner Quarter 1: attached below.
Counselor News Letter - Attached below
Reminder - Distribution of community flyers in schools: Community organizations wishing to distribute flyers must have an approval letter from the Public Information Office prior to distribution. Electronic announcements must also be pre-approved, and will be posted on the Community News and Programs webpage. Please include the following statement in your school newsletter rather than individual community announcements: Please visit the Community News and Programs webpage (http://www.hcpss.org/community-news-and-programs/) for all announcements of upcoming events and programs sponsored by non-profit organizations. Schools should refer any organization requesting distribution to Public Information at 410-313-6682 or email@example.com.