Coronavirus Updates & Information
Useful Links and Information for Students and Families
Students and Families,
This is a time of many unknowns. The coronavirus has changed our lives! Our ‘new normal’ is different than any of us has experienced before. It will get better! We will get together with family and friends again, we just can’t say when. I have put this newsletter together to give you some information that I hope you will find helpful!
Currently the CDC recommends that we
- stay home
social distance (6 feet from others)
wash our hands frequently
WEAR A MASK IF WE GO OUT IN PUBLIC (around people)
Free Educational Websites for Home
Sometimes screen time is a necessity if we have children at home and work we need to do. Here are three apps that make screen time a learning time:
- CodeMonkey: a game-based education program that teaches children to code. It comes with a membership fee, but there's a free 14-day trial that doesn't require a credit card.
- BrainPop: Online learning across subject areas for children in kindergarten through middle school and ELL learning for all age groups. Free.
- Khan Academy: Online learning in math, science, and literacy for all age groups. Standards-aligned. Free.
- BrainPop: Fun, interactive educational activities for all ages and all subject areas
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Interactive learning journeys for all ages.