Frankincense & Myrrh
Frankincense, Myrrh and More Blend, with mucus thinning properties. This can be an excellent remedy for a healthy respiratory system , one you might want to write down for this winter...
10 drops Frankincense
10 drops Myrrh
8 drops Eucalyptus
5 drops Rosemary
4 drops White fir
4 drops Peppermint
Add to 2 oz jar of warm Salve, stir in and let cool. Apply to chest and back as needed.
Add to a clean glass bottle for individual applications as needed.
Add 8 drops to a diffuser.
Healing Salve Recipe-If you are adding the above oils omit (lemon, lavender, & melaleuca)
All Purpose Healing Salve:
Use on cuts, burns, bruises, scrapes, occasional itching skin and for diaper rash.
Author: Camp Wander
Recipe type: Salve
- 1 cup organic solid coconut oil
- 1 cup organic olive oil
- 4 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- ½ teaspoon vitamin e oil (optional)
- PER 4oz JAR add the following amounts:
- 10 drops pure Lavender essential oil
- 8 drops pure Lemon essential oil
- 6 drops pure Melaleuca essential oil
- Four - 4 oz glass mason jars
- For convenience and easy pouring, use a glass Pyrex measuring bowl with a spout and handle for melting coconut and olive oils, set it inside a deep saucepan with 3 inches hot water. On low heat, slowly heat the coconut oil, olive oil and beeswax. Melt slowly, be careful not to let any water splash into the oils, this could cause mold issues. Stir occasionally to keep the beeswax melting in.
- When the coconut oil, olive oil and beeswax have melted completely, add vitamin e oil and stir gently.
- Prepare jars by adding lavender, melaleuca and lemon essential oils to the bottom of each clean glass jar. Pour melted oils over the essential oils, no need to stir but you can if you must!
- Fill ¼ inch from the top of each jar, cover with a paper towel and let sit at least 6 hours until solid. Seal snugly with lid.
- Shelf life of All Purpose Healing Salve is approximately 4 to 6 months without vitamin e oil added (preservative). With vitamin e, approximately 6 to 8 months.
- Remember, coconut oil will melt at 76 degrees, store in a dark, cool place for best results.