By: Breonna Sheesley
What branch does Article 1 deal with?
Article 1 deals with the legislative branch of government.
Qualifications and Job expectations.
The qualifications to beome a represenative is:
- You must be at least 25 years old
- Citezens of the Unnited States for at least 7 years
- They must also be citezens of the state they are representing.
- Must be at least 30 years old
- Must be citezens of the United States for at least 9 years
Meeting times of Congress:
Congress should have at least one meeting a year. This meeting is usually the first meeting of December, unless changed by the law.
powers granted to congress
- Borrow Money
- Regulate commerce
- Establish federal courts under the supreme courts
- Establish an Army and Navy
- To Tax
- To spend Money
- To Declare war
- Make laws
- National capital