is it destroying to much?
- Chestnut blight is an invasive disease on chestnut trees, it is a canker disease caused by fungus, it can sop growth of trees, kill branches, and kill the chestnut trees also known as cryphonectria parasitica
- It from Asia most likely brought from an Asian nursery stock
- the disease can spread airborne or by rain in short distances.
- It came from china and ended up in north america, it affected the northern eastern part, New York city, and america.
- The damage it has done to NC is that ecologists believe that 25% of trees were chestnut, by 1904 when the disease was discovered in a zoo it spread in less than one generation, by 1940 it had wiped out all the chestnut trees in their native range.
- A management plan to keep the chestnut blight controlled and it be not as harmful would be to bring in a parasite to kill off fungi.