The Borromeo Bulletin - #33
Home of the Bobcats: May 16, 2021
From Dr. Voelkl
As you prepare for summer we encourage all families to sign up for the summer reading at the library. All student IXL accounts will remain active over the summer as well. Teachers will send more details related to suggested practice times, activities prior to the last day. For those who do prefer paper / pencil practice the Simple Solutions practice books are still a great way to practice a diverse set of skills over the summer. Information for purchasing can be found in the flyer below. Your kiddos have worked VERY HARD this year within an unusual set of circumstances! Thus, we also recommend a healthy dose of sunshine, rest, relaxation, adventure and unplanned, spontaneous fun!!!
Karen 4 A Kause Winner
Maggie Weber was the proud winner of the t-shirt contest for Karen 4 A Kause. She was given the privledge to blow the horn to the start of the race.
Protecting God's Children classes- must update if you haven't already
This is a friendly reminder that if you intend to volunteer in any capacity with the school, you will need to complete this program. This is includes: Parish Picnic, Fish Fry, Field Trips, Class parties, Coaching a team, working in the lunch room, helping out at recess, Scouts, etc. They had the deadline set for Dec 31, but many have not completed this, so they have extended it.
If you have already attended a class in the past all you need to do is complete the online classes. Your name should show up when you register (this validates that you took the class before). The online portion takes about 40 minutes total. You are able to stop and start if you need to.
If you are new to the school or never took the initial class, you will need to sign up for one of those as well (it will step you through the sign up)
If you already completed everything, there is no need to contact me. I do not have access to the completed/compliant list. I was just asked to re-share the information. This went out to everyone in the school.
Thanks in advance for getting this done in a timely manner. We are preparing for the day that you will be able to get back in school and volunteer :)
The Archdiocese of St. Louis has developed a new system for safe environment compliance called Prevent and Protect STL. Everyone ministering to minors and vulnerable adults (clergy, employees and volunteers) in the Archdiocese are required to adhere to these guidelines.
In addition to attending a live Protecting God’s Children workshop, all clergy, volunteers, and employees will register for an updated background screening, view two new online training modules on abuse reporting and the Code of Ethical Conduct, and agree to the updated Code of Ethical Conduct.
Please go to www.preventandprotectstl.org
to register and contact your parish Child Safety Coordinator with any questions or for further assistance.
You will be asked to complete one electronic module on Mandated Reporting in Missouri and another on our Code of Ethical Conduct. This process will take you just under an hour if you complete the registration and both trainings all at once. You are welcome to do it in sections if that would be helpful. If you do not complete the full process in one setting you will get reminder emails weekly about what is due until all items are completed.
Please visit https://www.preventandprotectstl.org/ and click “Register” below the LOG IN button.
You will be prompted to enter the passcode: stlprotect
Since you have previously attended a Protecting God’s Child workshop (or if you are currently at a workshop choose “PREVIOUSLY ATTENDED”), this will bypass the required registration for an upcoming workshop.
As you continue through the steps, your Location Category is “Parish and/or Parish School”.
Please complete the registration for a background screening
* PE clothes will ONLY be needed in grades 5-8 next year.
* Girls in 5th grade will transition from jumpers to skirts.
* Boys in Middle School can transition from navy pants/shorts and maroon shirts to khaki pants/shorts and navy polos.
LAST, we have been VERY flexible with the dress code this year in light of COVID and, and, and...with that being said PLEASE remain mindful that in some areas we will have to tighten up the reigns a bit as we return to the 2021-2022 school year and will revisit dress code rules and requirements.
Meet Hangouts 5 of 45 Under Armour Flag Football Season
My name is Joe Prater, and I am the PE teacher at St. Alban Roe Catholic School in Wildwood, MO.
I want to pass on information to you that I received regarding St. Louis Under the Lights Under Armour Flag Football Season this summer. This is a flag football league open for boys and girls who will be incoming 1st-8th grade students of all skill levels promoting a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience. All games will be played at St. John Vianney High School located at 1311 South Kirkwood Road St. Louis, MO 63122.
Here are some important details:
- Season runs from June through July with games on June 6, 11, 18, 25 and July 2, 9, 16, 23 (Playoffs and Championships)
- $160 registration fee
- Siblings receive a $25 discount (use promo code "SiblingDiscount"). The First Child is at Full Price with the second and additional children utilizing the promo code discount (Not valid for Early Bird Registration Pricing)
- Player receives a Under Armour game shirt and shorts
- Head Coach receives a Under Armour 495 youth football
- 7 game season plus playoffs or consolation games
- 6 v 6 format on 25-30 yd wide x 50 yd long fields
- NO pass rush, just a 4-6 second sack count. Emphasis on the pass game and run game limitations.
- 9-10 player rosters so everyone plays every game!
- Practices are held a hour before the games
- NO Tryouts. NO Drafts. Rosters are formed by "friend" or "coach" request. Single players will be placed on teams with some similarity and familiarity such as same school, neighborhood, organization, etc. as the other players on the team. But teams will be balanced.
- ALL coaches are volunteer parents and NOT provided by Under the Lights
- Trophies or Medals are awarded to the Champions of the grade/age division
- Games played in the evenings when possible.
- Food and music at the games
- All coaches are volunteers and are not provided by Under the Lights Flag League.
- All Coaches and Volunteers must provide the Commissioner of your league with a current Coaches certification and background check. Each certificate is valid for 1 calendar year.
- Safety is our main concern and goal for our players and we want to make sure we have proper and safe coaches.
SAVE THE DATE for the 27th ANNUAL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION GOLF TOURNAMENT
27th Annual St Charles Borromeo Golf Tournament
Monday July 12, 2021 @ Old Hickory Country Club
· Registration begins at 11:00am with lunch available shortly after teeing off.
· Shotgun Start at 12pm
· Format: 4-person scramble
· Entry Fee: $560 per foursome / ($140 per golfer)
o Includes: Green fee, cart, beverages, lunch, happy hour and heavy appetizers after golf.
o $50 – team bundle / skins and on course games
· Sponsorships available include but not limited to:
o Hole Sponsor – $125
o Lunch, Happy Hour Sponsors and many other higher tiered sponsorships available – inquire directly!
· Register online at: https://baa63301007.siplay.com/site/
· 3 flights in play - so all skill sets are welcome!
· All Day Raffle – amazing items and a 50/50 cash prize to win!
· Winners for golf and raffles will be announced within 15 minutes of the last team finishing – that way if you need to get out of there while also wanting to collect your prize, you can.
What we need:
· Hole Sponsors – please promote your business!
· Volunteers – to help with setup, registration and raffle – you will be fed!
· Prize Donations – please and thank you!!
Please Sign up soon – This is the Athletic Association’s biggest fundraiser each year! Only 30 team slots available! Contact Mike Murray at (314)578-7596 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to volunteer or to donate.
Foundry Art Center Camps
2021 ART CAMP
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. // Ages 6-14
$215 per session
Each session features different nature art-themed projects projects for children to take home and share with family and friends. Camper’s will create individual works of art with clay, paint and mix-media in addition to working on collaborative projects. Sign-up for more than one session for a fun-filled art summer!
High School and Middle School Mountain Bike Racing!
If there are any questions I am happy to field them~ Alex Schuetz 636-652-9696 (parent of Anton-7th and Andreas-4th)
Water Bottles- please remember to bring your own
We are now moving to a new system. They can get a cup from the nurse and get a drink at the fountain. They can not take the water cup back to class, but they can keep the cup and get drinks throughout the day.
We would really like to encourage students to bring their own bottles. We found that some students would ask for a bottle and then loose it and come back and ask for another. Some students just want to get out of class. Some kids just didn't look in their backbacks :0)
Great questions to ask in the morning: Chromebook? Backpack? Waterbottle? Lunch?
Uniform Sale :10% off May 30-June 5
Order your uniforms for next year during this week and receive 10% off!!! They will even accept online orders for the 10% off during this week! Put it on your calendar!
| || |
BASK and Cafe
Go to the home page of FACTS. Then click on "Family" on the left hand side of the the screen. Then Cafe and BASK will appear on the center of that page. You can click on the blue "details" word and that will open up the account. REMEMBER a positive balance indicates that you owe money and a negative balance indicates that you have money in your account.
Please make cafe checks out to FSC or use paypal email@example.com
Please make BASK checks out to SCB with Bask in the memo.
This can still be found on the main page on FACTS.
As a reminder, we have limited spots for BASK. When it is full, it is full. If you sign up for a spot and don't show up or cancel at the last minute, it stiffles the ability for others to use it. We have many families that call asking for a spot and we have to say no. Please be mindful that these are very sought after spots, just like a doctor's appt. If you don't show for a doc appt you are charged a fee for not showing. We are hopeful that we do not have to go this route, but we really want people to think about whether they really need BASK or are just signing up "just in case".
New info is Bold.. this is just to help keep you updated.... please look at our google calendar as well.
* May 17--Spirit Dress Down Day
* May 20: 8th Grade Last Day
* May 24--Spirit Dress Down Day
* May 21: 8th Grade Graduation 7:00 PM
* May 25: Kindergarten Graduation & Last Day (am TBD)
* May 27: Preschool Last Day
* May 28- Last day- Dismiss at 11!!!!
* May 30- June 1: 10% off Fischer's Uniform Sale!
Phone Numbers to take note of (and maybe put in your phone)
School Fax: 636-946-3096
Parish Office: 636-946-1893
Religious Ed: 636-946-2916
St. Vincent Help Line: 636-925-1616
Check out our Preschool students and see what they are learning
We are constantly growing and learning.... see what we do when we aren't at home!
Ever wonder what goes on with our Youth Group? Here is your opportunity!
Great opportunity to share with fellow SCB parents. This is a closed group, so only SCB families may join
Stay up to date on important Home and School events and activities