Learn with me about Wild Cats and their secrets
How many types of Big Cats are there?
About, 36 species of Wild Cat, that includes: African Golden Cat, Andean Mountain Cat, Asiatic Golden Cat, Black-Footed Cat, Bobcat, Borneo Bay Cat, Canadian Lynx, Caracal, Cheetah, Chinese Mountain Cat, Clouded Leopard, Eurasian Lynx, Fishing Cat, Flat-Headed Cat, Geoffory's Cat, Iberian Lynx, Laguar, Jaguarundi, Jungle Cat, Kodkod, Leopard, Leopard Cat, Lion, Marbled Cat, Margay, Ocelot, Oncilla, Pallas Cat, Pampas Cat, Puma, Rusty-Spotted Cat, Sand Cat, Serval, Snow Leopard, TIger and Wild Cat.
In What Ways Are Household Cats Like Wild Cats?
- The Household Cat has the senses and build of a big cat, just smaller and not as fierce.
- The only Big Cat that can purr is the Puma, but it sounds like a frieght train, not a little cute purr that a cat makes.
- Big Cats and Household Cats behave similarly.
- When a Household cat rubs against you, they're sent marking you.
- When a Household Cat scratches your furniture, they're marking their territory and its natural.
- All cats have retractable claws, unlike dogs, but the Cheetah as semi-retractable claws.
- Like Wild Cats, Household Cats are active at night more than the day.
How Many Hybrids ( Household Cats Crossed With Big/Wild Cats) Are There?
Seven, including Bengal Cats, Havana Brown, Ocicat, Oriental Shorthair, Tonkinese Cats, Liger and Tigon. They have been compared to natural breed, they have been better in some ways and worse in other.
A Small Story!
I walked around the thick tree, in search of food. There was no sound, yet there was a mumbling, I looked around and found a clearing, but it was full of fast moving things. I walked back to the forest, only to hear a yowl, I bolted the other way afraid of another Wild Cat, I smelt blood and a carcass. I followed my nose, and saw another Wild Cat, caught in a trap, dead. I ran the other way, only to hear a noise. The End
Never Turn Your Back on BIG CATS!