November 24, 2021
A Message from our Principal...
As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I truly hope you and your families have a wonderful weekend filled with quality time and special memories with loved ones. I would like to take this opportunity to give thanks and express my personal gratitude to the teachers, staff, students, and families of Riverview Elementary. I am thankful to be part of such an incredible and devoted team as we work together to ensure our students receive the very best education possible in a safe and welcoming environment. Happy Thanksgiving!
Derek Larsen, Principal
Are you ready for inclement weather?
If inclement weather conditions occur during the night, the district office will decide whether to:
- Hold school (regular hours)
- Hold school (delayed start) - All schools will start two hours late
- Close school
- Learn more at www.sno.wednet.edu/weather
In the event that our schools are closed or are starting late:
- Automated phone calls and emails are sent to all district families through the School Messenger system (the system is automatically populated with the primary phone numbers and email addresses available in the Skyward/Family Access system).
- A notice is posted on the district Facebook page at www.facebook.com/snohomishschooldistrict
- A notice is placed on the district website at www.sno.wednet.edu
- Local television and radio stations are notified.
- Emails are sent through our listserv newsletter subscription system.
- A notice is sent to the statewide public emergency notification system - www.flashalertseattle.net
Because we know many are getting ready for school or leaving early, we try to get these notifications out to our school community between 5:15-5:45 a.m. If we are fully certain of the situation the evening in advance, we will let our families know at that time. If Snohomish is not mentioned during the newscasts, through School Messenger or on our website, you will know our schools are open and buses are operating on or near the normal schedule.
If there is a 2-hour delayed start, the following will apply:
- All regular full-day classes will be held (beginning two hours later than normal).
- No a.m. and/or p.m. half-day special education preschool, or ECEAP.
- No morning elementary band.
- No morning AIM classes.
- No zero-hour classes.
- No morning Sno-Isle Technical Skills Center.
- No out-of-district transportation.
- Buses may be on normal routes or limited transportation routes (decision will remain in effect for the entire day).
- Note: If there is inclement weather on any Friday and a two-hour delayed start is decided, please note the following:
- Schools will start two hours after usual starting times.
- Schools will dismiss at their regular (Monday through Thursday) dismissal times and not the regular Friday two-hour early release times.
- School schedules are located here - www.sno.wednet.edu/calendar
Please note: If school has been closed for the day, there will be no district busing or transportation available. All evening meetings or functions scheduled to take place in district facilities will be cancelled. A decision will be made by noon on the impacted day regarding the possibility of afternoon district- and school-sponsored activities and practices.
If school is in session and weather worsens during the day, the district office will make the decision whether or not to close school and will notify the schools. This will occur only if there is an emergency, such as a localized disaster or widespread extreme weather conditions. If a school closure occurs in the middle of the day, secondary schools will dismiss students so that most will arrive home before elementary students. Elementary students will be dismissed at the regular time. Parents/guardians need to have an alternate plan for their child(ren). Make certain they know what they are to do and/or where they should go if parents cannot get home due to weather conditions.
Limited transportation information:
When weather conditions dictate that certain roads are not safely passable, the district will announce it is providing limited transportation. Each school office has a list of the roads/areas that our buses will not travel on when limited transportation is in effect. Please remember, limited transportation will be in effect for both the morning and afternoon routes, even if roads have cleared during the day.
- Snohomish County Road Closures - https://snohomishcountywa.gov/518/Road-Closures
- Snohomish County Road Closures Interactive Map - https://snoco-gis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=15578784822345459c008d66ed1253ab
- Snohomish County PUD Outage Map - https://outagemap.snopud.com/
Lost and Found
Welcome back volunteers!
We will start utilizing volunteers in schools on a limited basis beginning Monday, December 6. At this time only vaccinated individuals will be permitted to volunteer in our schools/campuses.
To volunteer in our schools/campuses, please complete the following online form. This form must be completed every two years. For the safety of our students, volunteer applicants must undergo a Washington State Patrol background check before beginning service. Volunteers will also need to present a valid state vaccination card for COVID-19 to the school administrator and follow the school’s volunteer process. Schools may need to monitor and limit the number of volunteers in a building to meet the state COVID-19 guidelines for social distancing. Parent/guardians are welcome to volunteer from home by assisting teachers remotely.
Volunteers who have completed background application and showed proof of vaccination will be required to:
- Sign in at the school’s front desk
- Present proper state ID
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing
- Wear a proper fitting mask/face covering
- Follow the school’s COVID-19 protocols and procedures
- Stay home if experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19
Important 2021-2022 School Year Dates
- Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - Half-day Early Release - 11:45am
- Thursday, November 25-Friday, November 26, 2021 - Thanksgiving Break (No School)
- Friday, December 17, 2021 - Half-day Early Release - 11:45am
- Monday, December 20-Friday, December 31, 2021 - Winter Break (No School)
- Monday, January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day (No School)
- Friday, February 18-Monday, February 21, 2022 - Mid-Winter Break (No School)
- Monday, April 4-Friday, April 8, 2022 - Spring Break (No School)
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - Memorial Day (No School)
District-approved community fliers
- Camp Mariposa Daycamp
- Code Like A Girl
- Crossview Tutoring
- Everett Rowing Association Fall 2021 Registration
- Fall 2021 TOPSoccer Season
- Fall Parent Technolgy Night (English and Spanish)
- Foreign Language for Youth - Spanish, French, Mandarin and Japanese
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington
- Girls Lacrosse Registration Snolax
- Grizzlies Select Basketball Association
- Panthers Youth Rugby Club Registration
- PAWS Virtual Youth Programs
- Snohomish for Equity Youth Committee Application
- Strategic Kids Chess
- Strategic Kids LEGO Adventures
- Taekwondo for Kids
- Teen Storytellers Project - Free Fall Filmmaking Classes
- VFW Post 921 2021-2022 Teacher of the Year
- VFW Post 921 2021-2022 Student Essay Contest
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, firstname.lastname@example.org.