By: Livya Rogers
What foods are linked to the Norovirus?
The types of foods linked to norovirus are fruits and veggies, and seafood. But any food really could be linked to the norovirus. Foods can be contaminated if the food handler is infected and touches the food. It can also be contaminated from the source. For example, fruits and veggies could be contaminated with norovirus in the tree/field where the food is growing.
How to prevent Norovirus:
- Wash your hands- especially after using the restroom, and before preparing food.
- Wash fruits and veggies thoroughly
- Cook seafood at the right temperature (Safe minimum is 145 degrees)
- If you are sick, do not prepare or handle food for others
- Clean contaminated surfaces thoroughly
- Wash laundry thoroughly
E coli, Norovirus, Salmonella, Oh My! What Can You Learn From Chipotle’s Problems?