Mrs. Scott's Kindergarten Spot
March 26th: Family Night at Madison, 5:30 - 7:00
March Learning Goals
- Read level B/C books or higher
- Read 40-50 sight words
- Identify characters, problem/solution, sequence events, main idea and details of non-fiction books
- Make connections when reading, to yourself and concepts we are learning about
- Write sentences with finger spaces, capital letter at the beginning and punctuation at the end
- Write sentences with descriptive words, and write multiple sentences about a topic.
- Rhyme and learn word families (at, an, ack. . . )
- Read beginning blends and digraphs: bl, cl, pr, tr. . . or sh, th, ch, wh
- Counting to 100 or higher
- Reading randomized numbers to 100 or higher
- Add and Subtract using objects, pictures, or a number line and knowing whether to add or subtract by the symbols +/-
- Addition Math Facts 1-10 (2+0=2, 1+1=2, 0+2=2) using objects to keep track is okay
- Write and read math story problems
- Make and Read patterns (aabaab, abcabc, growing by 1 more)
- Sort by color, size, or shape
- Know numbers 1 more and 1 less
Nydia: After our discussion of cleaning up well after group work, Nydia, took time to tidy up then looked around the classroom and state: "Our classroom looks so pretty when it is all cleaned up and everything is where it belongs."
All of the students: Have been wonderful care takers of each other, helping other students, being kind and thoughtful, and helping take of our classroom!