Meadow Brook Magic
Week 5: Sept 13th- 24th
Celebrating Constitution Day!
Mustang Monday Message
I hope you all have a great extra long weekend. Today, teachers will be busy in literacy trainings. I am proud of our teachers...they have a lot on their plates and they handle it with such grace because of the love they have for their students.
This week, we are excited about holding our first Mustang Spirit Day and Stampede! On Mustang Spirit Days, we encourage students to wear school t-shirts, cowgirl/cowboy attire, or our school colors (blue and green). We look forward to celebrating our students-of-the-month during our stampedes. In order to avoid large gatherings, we are going to continue to encourage parents to stay home and watch the stampedes on Facebook.
Next week, we are looking forward to PTA"s Chalk the Block! Last year, it was wonderful being together as a school and as a community— I hope we have another great turn out this year. Thank you PTA for all of the hard work you have put into planning this event (more details are listed below).
Meadow Brook is growing and as a result we are hiring for an assistant secretary, an overload tech, a preschool tech (this one won't be posted till Monday), and an after-school sweeper. These are great opportunities to work in an awesome school and to bless the lives of children. If you are interested, we would love to see you apply!
Thanks for your support! Best wishes,
Espero que todos tengan un gran fin de semana extralargo. Hoy, los maestros estarán ocupados en capacitaciones de alfabetización. Estoy orgulloso de nuestros maestros ... tienen mucho en sus platos y lo manejan con tanta gracia por el amor que tienen por sus alumnos.
¡Esta semana, estamos emocionados de tener nuestro primer Mustang Spirit Day y Stampede! En los Mustang Spirit Days, animamos a los estudiantes a usar camisetas escolares, atuendos de vaquera / vaquero o los colores de nuestra escuela (azul y verde). Esperamos celebrar a nuestros estudiantes del mes durante nuestras estampidas. Para evitar grandes reuniones, continuaremos alentando a los padres a quedarse en casa y ver las estampidas en Facebook.
¡La semana que viene, esperamos con ansias el Chalk the Block de la PTA! El año pasado, fue maravilloso estar juntos como escuela y como comunidad; espero que tengamos otra gran asistencia este año. Gracias PTA por todo el esfuerzo trabajo que ha puesto en la planificación de este evento (más detalles se enumeran a continuación).
Meadow Brook está creciendo y, como resultado, estamos contratando a una secretaria asistente, un técnico de sobrecarga, un técnico de preescolar (este no se publicará hasta el lunes) y un barrendero después de la escuela. Estas son excelentes oportunidades para trabajar en una escuela increíble y para bendecir la vida de los niños. Si está interesado, ¡nos encantaría que se postulara!
¡Gracias por su apoyo! Los mejores deseos,
In case your picture packet didn't make it home:)
We need you!
* Monday, September 20th: No School- District Development Day
* Tuesday, September 21st: Fire Drill
* Friday, September 24th: Mustang Spirit Day and Stampede! In order to avoid large gatherings, we are going to continue to stream our Mustang Stampedes on Facebook.
* Monday, September 27 4PM to 7PM - Our PTA Fundraiser, The Fall Chalk Festival. Come fill the sidewalk around the school with chalk art while enjoying time with your family and Meadow Brook friends. Concessions will be available and a silent auction. Blocks start at $20.00. Pay a judging fee of $5.00 to enter the contest for a chance to win prizes. Blocks can also be purchased through our online store at the link below.
* Tuesday, September 28th: Picture Day!
* Thursday, September 30th: Vision Screening; Mrs. Finlinson's last day- Stop by our office to wish our her a happy retirement!
September PTA Events:
Monday, September 27 4PM to 7PM - Our PTA Fundraiser, The Fall Chalk Festival. Come fill the sidewalk around the school with chalk art while enjoying time with your family and Meadow Brook friends. Concessions will be available. We will also have a silent auction where you can bid on items from local businesses as well as BYU and UVU athletics.
Blocks start at $20.00. Pay a judging fee of $5.00 to enter the contest for a chance to win prizes. Blocks can also be purchased through our online store at the link below. The money made from this event, will go to running school-wide activities throughout the year. A few of those activities are Reflections, Parents & Pastries, Swimming at the Springville Rec Center, etc.
Please register online by Friday, September 24th for early bird pricing. This gives us more time to organize and assign blocks to families. A limited number of blocks will be available for purchase with cash or card the day of the event starting at $25.00 each. If you are not able to attend the event but would still like to support the PTA please consider purchasing a block to be donated to a student
Tuesday, September 28 We need four volunteers for Picture Day. Each volunteer will receive a coupon to get one free packet of pictures. Please sign up at the link below.
Thursday, September 30 We need 8-10 volunteers to help our school nurse with Vision Screenings. Please sign up at the link below.
Picture Day and Vision Screening sign up
Help Us Recognize Our Incredible Staff Members!
Principal Mustang Club Winners!
- When you are picking up your student on the north side of the building, please pull as far forward as possible. When patrons stop in the middle of the pick-up area, it backs all of the cars up.
- In order to be on the playground before, during, or after school, you will need to check in at the office. This helps us keep our students safe.