A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
See You at Back to School Night!
Back to School Night for Mrs. Jimenez's Class, Mrs. Casey's Class and Grades 2nd-6th: Wednesday, September 5th.
Back to school night is coming up on September 5th for two Kindergarten classes and grades 2-6. It's a great chance to chat with your child's teacher, see what's happening in the classroom and get the lowdown on the plan for the school year ahead. Here's the schedule:
- Mrs. Jimenez & Mrs. Casey and 2nd thru 3rd grades: September 5th from 6:15-7: 15 pm
- K-6th grade: September 5th from 7:15-7: 30 pm in the multipurpose room
- 4th-6th grade: September 5th from 7:30-8:30 pm
Become a Member of the Grant PTA!
After School Enrichment Classes-Registration is Now Open
Enrollment is open for our 8 After School Enrichment Fall courses! Please see the flyer for the specific class(es) you're interested in for a description, starting dates, costs and registration details. Find fliers on the Grant Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/grantshamrocks/
- Piano Lessons through Move Over Mozart will be offered on Tuesdays and will run through the year. Lessons are available for Kinder through 6th graders; to register to go to www.moveovermozart.com or check flyer. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish Class through IES Languages will be offered on Wednesdays and will run through the year. Lessons available to Kinder through 6th grade. Register online at IESLanguages.org and search through region/area to get to Grant School. Questions: contact email@example.com
- Engineering with LEGO through Play-Well will be offered on Wednesdays; available to Kinder and 1st grade only. Register online at https://play-well-registration.com/registration/new/72143 Questions? contact Justin Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martial Arts through Shafers ATA will be offered on Thursdays; available to Kinder through 6th graders. See flyer for all the details. To register: www.SchafersATA.com/programs/after-school-programs/ For questions regarding the Martial Arts class, contact BreSchafer@gmail.com
- Jewelry Making through Julia Anthony will be offered on Thursdays; available to Kinder through 6th grade. To register email or call Julia directly: email@example.com or 707-364-1406
- Chess Classes through Chess for Kids will be offered on Mondays. Lessons available to Kinder through 6th grade; enroll online at chessclubforkids.com; or call 707-527-6427
- Sewing Classes through Sally Palmer will be offered on Fridays; available to Kinder through 6th grade. To enroll send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
- Golf Lessons through TGA will be offered on Fridays; available to Kinder through 6th graders. To register, follow this link to their website: www.playtga.com/northbay For questions contact email@example.com
General questions about After School enrichment: Maryann Pacheco firstname.lastname@example.org
Say...Shamrocks! School Pictures with Photographer Steven Yeager, 9/13 & 14
Grant Family BBQ
Friday, Sep. 14th, 5pm
200 Grant Avenue
Staff Spotlight: Alice Crysdale
Beebots in 1st Grade!
This week 1st graders in B-2 had the opportunity to begin exploring with bee-bots. What are bee-bots you ask? They are fun and easy to use robots that help students begin to understand computer coding as well as practice scientific/mathematical skills including sequencing, estimation, and problem-solving. Ms. Beavers' goal this year is for her students to be able to solve, build, and write codes with their partners. This week our focus was to become familiar with how to control the bee-bots while also practicing how to share with a partner.
In the 4th grade Mrs. Reyes fosters student engagement at the start of the year by having students consider some important questions.
What should kids in our class do to make sure our class runs smoothly?
What will you need to do to be successful?
What will Mrs.Reyes need to do to help you this year?
Important Upcoming Dates
September 5 Back to School Night
September 13 & 14 School Pictures
September 14 Grant PTA BBQ
September 20 PTA Board & Association Meeting 6 pm
October 3 Walk to School Day
October 5 Talent Show Tryouts
October 12 Talent Show Practice #1
October 12 Jog-a-thon
October 15 No School - Teacher In-Service Day
October 19 Talent Show Practice #2
October 26 Talent Show
October 31 Grant Halloween Parade (10:40 am)