Newsletter - week 6, Term 1
East Gore School 10th March 2022
Tena Koutou, Talofa, Namaste, Hello and Greetings
This week, I would like to thank our parents who are texting, phoning or messaging the office to let us know why their child is not attending school each day. This is extremely important as the omicron cases continue to rise in the Gore District.
We have not heard from any families of a confirmed case (of a student or staff member) in our school so we are continuing on with school as normal.
Minister Hipkins announced another change yesterday and as of Friday 11th at 11:59pm, you only need to isolate for 7 days.
Here is some key information:
If Your Child is a Household Contact:
- You live with someone who has tested positive, you need to isolate for 7 days (please notify the school).
- All household contacts need to test on Day 3 and Day 7.
- If either of these tests are positive, the person becomes a positive case and starts their isolation period (7 days).
- If both of the Day 3 and Day 7 tests are negative, the isolation period ends and on Day 8 they can return to school.
- It is recommended that you upload all test results (positive and negative) to your MyCovid Record so they are able to understand transmission in households and communities.
If Your Child has Covid-19
- Please notify the school as soon as possible (even if they have been isolating, we need to notify numbers of cases to the Ministry of Education).
- The student will need to isolate at home for 7 days from when they returned a positive test or when they displayed symptoms.
- Isolation ends after 7 days and you can return to school on Day 8 if you are symptom free. If you still have symptoms you need to have no symptoms for 24 hours before returning.
We are happy to provide learning packs for families who are isolating, please message the school and we will drop a pack in your mailbox.
The best place for your child’s well-being/hauora is to be at school and learning if they are symptom free.
He waka eke noa – we are all in this together! Again, I appreciate the communication from parents/caregivers around this. As a school we will communicate with you around any changes, positive cases and how this may affect classes as we continue the term. If you need any extra assistance while isolating, please let us know.
Kia pai tō rā whakatā (have a great weekend).
Could you please click this link https://forms.gle/m5wvFSL5XvP4KnRF8 and complete the form so we can check all our contact information.
Debbie and Wendy
We have had a couple of cases of school sores (impetigo) this week. If you notice anything suspicious on your child/ren please get them checked as they are highly contagious.
Headlice cases have popped up across the school this week. If you could all check your child/rens hair and treat if necessary. We appreciate you help with the control of this.
If your any student is unwell we will ring home to ask them to be picked up.
Ministry of Health guidelines say that students must stay away from school 48 hours after the last vomit or diarrhoea episode.
Jade enjoying Kahtel and Addy reading to her.
Play is the Way - this terms focus is " It takes great strength to be Sensible"
Breakfast Club will open in the hall at 8.35am and finish at 8.50am - weetbix followed by toast will be on offer.
Location: East Gore School 3 Wentworth St, East Gore, Gore 9710, New Zealand
Phone: +64 03-208 5331