Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Aug 2
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- We are working diligently to reconfigure our band fees. Thank you for your patience as we work through an uncertain school year. There are a lot of questions that are left unanswered at this point and we continue to gather information every day.
- Please complete THIS form as we plan for the upcoming marching band season. Please consider your response carefully and keep in mind that marching band is an optional portion of the program for this year. This information is an important part of determining rehearsal space, safety precautions, marching drill, and music selection. We will count on these responses to help us begin to design the experience for our students in the coming semester. The survey will close at noon on Saturday, August 1st.
- Band Students, please fill out THIS form for your Mustang Band T-Shirt. We are excited to unveil the design of the shirt to our band family. This is a student shirt and we will have parent shirts available at a later time! Please fill this form out by Saturday at noon!
- Band Registration has been moved to a drive-through event on August 15th. We will be able to collect all forms at this time as well as distribute items that have been ordered. Forms are available on the band website and can me sent to Ms. Irby in advance.
- Virtual Masterclasses will begin for all wind players on August 10th - August 14th. They will be conducted with master teachers via zoom from 10am - 11:30am.
- Virtual Wind Sections occur this week. CLICK HERE for Info.
- Virtual Guard Camp will also begin next week. CLICK HERE for info.
- Virtual Percussion camp will continue next week, Mr. Drewry will send those times via email.
- We are excited to start our first fundraiser of the year! We have partnered with MSC Fundraising to sell masks! The website has our initial line up, but more will be added soon! You can check it out here: https://www.mscfundraising.com/collections/ghs-mustang-band
- We are in the process of updating Charms. If you are receiving our emails you are listed on the Grapevine Band roster. If you attend CHHS, please let Mr. Rees (email@example.com) know and we will transfer you to the correct school.
- The GHS Band Calendar has been updated and can be found HERE.
- We have also compiled another version of the calendar that can be found HERE.
- INCOMING FRESHMEN: Members of our Band Leadership Team will be reaching out to their sections at various points over the summer. If you have any questions please reach out to Mr. Rees via email. (if you are not on the google classroom, join! (code:aan7mel)
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
- Establish a routine for yourself to keep your life as normal as possible. Dedicate time to growing as a musician every day. Our suggestion is below.
- If we have a physical on file for 2019-2020, they are taken care of.
- ALL New Members need a Physical completed on the designated form.
- ALL Members OLD and NEW need an updated medical history form. The form can be found here: https://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/forms/PrePhysFormRvsd1_10_20.pdf
- Please fill the first page out and sent it to Ms. Irby. You may also bring the form the first day of your summer band activities. All students must have this on file before they can begin ANY activity. Students without this required paperwork will not be allowed to participate in any capacity and will be sent home.
Students/Parents should login and update their CHARMS information. This is our primary form of communication, and it is important to have accurate information.
If you have any questions, or have trouble logging in to your account, please contact Ms. Irby. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone.
To join, you can text the code below to 81010, OR you can download the Remind 101 App and join. (Some students have found it easier to join with the App)
The form below should be completed regarding Leggings/EarringsCLICK HERE
The form below should be completed regarding student measurements. Please be accurate and read the sizing instructions. Pay attention to units of measurement and refer to the size guide for how to measure.
Virtual Guard Camp
Virtual Camp CLICK HERE
Start Raising Money NOW!
Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser (always ongoing)
○ Start now: go to https://shopwithscrip.com
○ Enter our school enrollment code:72226A747L87
Hello Band Families,
The Show must go on!! Your Band Directors and Booster Club are working hard on planning for next year’s marching and concert season. As most of you heard on the virtual parent meeting, 2020-21 band fee payments begin May 15.
Scrip Gift Card Fundraising is a great way to raise some (or all) of that money simply by paying with gift cards for purchases you normally make!
In a nutshell, the scrip website has hundreds of gift cards to choose from. You buy the ones you like and pay full price for them. You then receive the rebate (percentage varies by retailer and is listed). Back to your student’s charms account. When it’s time tomake a fee payment, simply let our treasurer, Andrea Galante, know via email. Treasurer@grapevinehsband.com and tell her you would like to apply your credits toward the fee.
For parents of incoming freshmen, you may start with Scrip now and we will track your credits and apply them in charms once your student is promoted to GHS Band.
1). To get started, go to www.shopwithscrip.com, create an account and use our school enrollment code: 172226A747L87.
2). In light of current circumstances, please choose electronic gift cards and pay via credit card or by linking your bank account. Once we are able to receive UPS packages at school, we will do an order that includes physical (plastic) gift cards too. Electronic gift cards can be sent as gifts and will go out in an attractive format to the recipient’s email address.
3). Pay attention to rebate percentages to maximize yours earnings. Often retailers have bonus rebates and your earn a higher percentage. Mark your calendar for May 7th.... it’s Thanks-scripping Day. Many retailers will have bonus rebates that will not be advertised in advance!