PHS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
September 8, 2015
- Vocational Education students may not drive to Vo-tec without prior approval.
- We do not have an open lunch-students cannot leave campus during lunch.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Students who walk to school and cross 116 Highway, please remember to cross at the crosswalk located on 6th Street. There is a crossing guard at 6th street to assist in making sure you safely cross the street.
- 367 Club members-here is your first opportunity to work your community service activity which is required for the year-end trip. Volunteers are needed to babysit for the PTA meeting TONIGHT Tuesday, Sept. 7. PTA donates money to our end of the year trip and in return we need to volunteer our services once a month at their meetings. WE NEED 4 students TONIGHT!!
- Once elections have concluded today, STUCO members will have a meeting,Tuesday, September 8 during advisory in the PAC.
- If you are interested in purchasing a letter jacket, there are order forms in both the HS and MS offices. In order to receive your jacket by Christmas you will need to order your by OCTOBER 21st. If you have any additional questions please contact Sherri Shatto in the MS office.
The Plattsburg Artist’s Coalition is pleased to invite everyone to The Community Courtyard at 117 W. Maple for their 16th annual art show and sale. On Friday evening, Nov. 6, from 6pm to 9pm there will be a reception with live music by local musicians and students, a student art display from students across Clinton County and a chance to meet the artists as well as view the array of artwork available for sale. There will be displays on the upper level of the Community Courtyard as well as on the ground floor, there is an elevator to the upper level available if needed. We invite and encourage everyone to attend this fun event. The show will continue on Saturday, Nov. 7, from 10am to 6pm. All donations made during the show are to benefit the PAC’s scholarship fund. Call Laurel at 816-225-8988 if you have any questions. Hope to see you there.
On Going Information
- If you drive a vehicle to school and have not filled out the registration form you MUST do so in the office. All vehicles in the school parking lot must have a tag which can be obtained in the office.
- PHS Football parents will be providing dinner to the players and the cheerleaders before the home football games. Dinners are served right after school. Volunteers are needed for serving and clean up. You can donate food, desserts or side items.We will be using the website sign up genius this season, so you can sign up online to see what items are needed: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0d4caeae23a6f49-football There will be sack lunches provided for away games. Each player & cheerleader needs to turn in $10.00 to cover the costs of sack lunches. Money is due to the high school office by September 10th. Contact Lisa querrey at email@example.com or Jen Turley firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.
- You can still purchase a yearbook from last year for $55.00. Just stop by the high school office for an order form.
- Parents: If you would like your students to have medicine during school you must bring a bottle of the over the counter medication into the office. If will write the student's name on the bottle, we will be unable to provide medication unless you have provided it.
- Please follow the following link to view this week's Tiger E Newsletter:
The ASVAB will be held for all juniors next Thursday, Sept 10 at 8:15 in the old gym. Hillyard students will be expected to take the test and will not attend vo-tech that day.
Tomorrow the high school will attend a PowerTeam assembly in the new gym at 2:00 pm. You will be dismissed by intercom and teachers are expected to sit with their class.
- Please see the attachment of the August/September Counseling Newsletter.
- Please see the attachment of the updated scholarship list.
- See the information below about the Student of the Month program
Mark Your Calendars!
- 09/08 - Picture Retake Day/Senior Composite
- 09/08 - Ladies Golf @ Lawson-ALL DAY
- 09/08 - JV/V Volleyball 5pm Home vs. Orrick
- 09/08 - PTA Meeting 7pm Ellis Library
- 09/09 - Blood Drive 1-6pm
- 9/10 - ASVAB testing for all Juniors 8:30 am
- 9/10 - Ladies Golf @ Odessa 4pm
- 9/10 - Ladies Softball @ Penney 4:30 pm
- 9/10 - JV/V Volleyball @ Mid-Buc 5pm
- 9/11 - Varsity Football @ East Buc 7pm
Student Organizations and Club Meetings
Tuesday, 9/8/15-STUCO meeting during Advisory @ 3pm in the PAC
Wednesday, 9/9/15-FFA meeting during Advisory 3pm
Thursday, 9/10/15-Freshman A+ Meeting during Advisory 3pm in the PAC
Friday, 9/11/15-Academic Team meeting during Advisory 3pm Mr. Morman's room