Senior Fundraiser/Prom Information
The following seniors have earned:
- Charity Wood – 2 free prom tickets ($55 more and you will have your cap and gown too)
- Carson Hallack – 2 free prom tickets
- Abbie Pruisner – 1 free prom ticket
- Vernon Brady Bullock – 1 free prom ticket – ($10 away from 2 free prom tickets)
- Kaedyn Cook – 2 free prom tickets
- Alexis Dominguez – 1 free prom ticket ($50 away from 2 free prom tickets)
- Ashley Bryan – 2 free prom tickets
The money raised helps with the cost of prom (ticket prices) and what we can do for the senior picnic. Last year we were able to have Chick-fil-A sandwiches, an obstacle course and a water slide at the picnic. Every little bit helps.
We still have a few senior t-shirts left. We have 4 size small, short sleeve and 4 size medium, short sleeve. Cost is $15. Come by room 110 if you'd like to buy one.
Harvest House Canned Food Drive: BHS donated a total of 7,046 lbs. of food. A huge thank you to every student that donated canned food items; especially to the Spirit of the Elk Band that donated over 7,000 items and the Volleyball team that donated over 3,000 items. We appreciate everyone for getting into the spirit of charity.
Senior Panoramic Picture: Monday, November 4, at 10:45 (beginning of Flex) seniors will take their first panoramic picture outside by the flagpoles. See flier for details.
🎓🎓 Senior Panoramic Picture on MONDAY 🎓🎓
Spirit of the Elks Area Success!
Burleson ISD Veterans Day Performance
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
Advanced Placement Exam Ordering
College & Career Ready Elks
- 11/6/19 5:30-6:30 - Hill College Spring Registration Night & Credit Celebration @ BHS Library
- 11/8/19 ASVAB (FREE test) Sign-up here
- 12/3/19 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
FAFSA Mobile App - The 2020-2021 FAFSA form is live as of October 1! To promote a fully integrated customer experience, the fafsa.gov website has been synchronized with the myStudentAid mobile app's myFAFSA component, allowing customers to switch easily between the online FAFSA form and the myStudentAid mobile app, picking up where they left off in the other platforms.
- SCHOLARSHIP SPOTLIGHT
- $500 Mark Jameson Allstate Scholar Athlete of the Month
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
- $2,000 Schoolhouse Connection Youth Scholarship Program Deadline: Nov 10
- Additional Scholarships
- Scholarship For Freshmen: The Texas Match the Promise Foundation
- The Texas Comptroller’s Office release information about matching funds for grade five through grade nine students who are beneficiaries of a Texas Tuition Promise Fund account. Find more information here.
- Complete FAFSA
- Send SAT/ACT to colleges
- Apply to at least 3 colleges (most deadlines are before Thanksgiving)
- Send transcripts to colleges (link here)
- Begin applying for Scholarships (ideally, 4-5 per week)
- Sign up to take SAT/ACT in fall 2019 or spring 2020
- Take SAT/ACT again over summer and/or Aug./Sept. of senior year
- Identify at least 5 colleges where you’d want to apply and figure out admission requirements
Dual Credit Fundraiser
National Honor Society
UPCOMING MANDATORY DATES
11/13/19 November Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
12/4/19 December Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
2/5/20 February Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
3/4/20 March Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
4/1/20 April Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 4/14/20 NHS Induction
Want to stay up-to-date on all #Elk Family events? Click the button to be redirected to the Burleson High School Calendar.