- Monday, October 10- No School for Columbus Day
- Tuesday,October 18- Early Release Day -Dismissal at 11:10 a.m.
- Friday, October 21- Grade 5/6 Social
- Monday, October 24 - PTO Meeting
- Thursday, November 3 -Term 1 Ends
- Monday November 7- Project 300 Kick -Off (collection 11/7 thru 11/14)
- Tuesday November 8- No School
- Friday November 11- No School (Veterans Day)
Pledge & Flag
10/3 Bella E & Rishika E. 131
10/4 Daniel M. & Rishika E. 131
10/5 Sofia C. 102
10/6 Isabella E. & Belle E. 131
10/7 Kelsey L. & Riya S. 201
9/26 Evelyn M & Sumedha P. 206
9/27 Aiden Kivlan & Owen D. 206
9/28 Nahla T. & Amber L. 206
9/29 Sam S. & Kyle P & Matt C. 212
9/30 Sophia G.B & Gemma B. 212
Chromebook Repair Protocol
Chromebook Repair Protocol: If your student enters a ticket through the IIQ Helpdesk while at home, they will need to drop off the Chromebook in the library when they come to school the next day. The Tech Department will collect the broken device and perform the repairs. Students may be able to get a loaner device while waiting for their device to be repaired.
When the repairs are done, the student will be alerted via their ticket/email to pick up their device in the library.
Please use this video tutorial for the process of submitting an IIQ Helpdesk ticket.
STUDENT FLU CLINIC
STUDENT FLU CLINIC
We will be offering a Student Flu clinic on Wed. October 5th for student in middle and high school. Remedium Pharmacy will be on site at CHS, McCarthy and Parker to administer the flu shot during the school day. This year's flu season is predicted to be more significant than in past years. A decrease in the flu cases in the past two years has been attributed to people staying home more, wearing masks and good hand hygiene. Protect your child and our school community by getting the Flu shot! In order to ensure an appointment, please sign up by Monday October 2nd! Students must be preregistered to receive the flu shot. Thank you for keeping our school community safe!
- Goto www.Remediumrx.net
- Select the appropriate Green button Chelmsford registration -STUDENT
- Enter the password of "Chelmsford"
- Select your school and appointment time (be sure to select the Student tab and the school your child attends)
The first SEPAC ( Special Education Parent Advisory Council) meeting is scheduled for next Thursday, October 6th at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be held virtually. See link below.
SEPAC is a collaboration of volunteer parent leaders and school district administrators to build effective parent-school partnerships to support family engagement. The meeting is open to all parents of children with disabilities and other interested parties.
We encourage families to attend to learn more about how SEPAC can support them. If you want more information or have questions, feel free to reach out to Amy Reese, Director of Student Services at 978-251-5100 x6919.
Thu, Oct 6, 2022 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM (EDT)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (408) 650-3123
Access Code: 811-518-285
Chelmsford Nutrition Announces New Online Deposit Portal
Dear Chelmsford School Community,
As you all know we have changed from Send Money to School to Higher Standards Family Portal for our online deposits. The following is how to set up an account if you have not already done so.
Login to https://chelmsford.familyportal.cloud/
- Click My Account
- Enter Username and password
- If you do not have a username set up and register your username and select pass phrase
To add a student:
- Click Add Person
- Enter ID #
- Enter First Name
- Enter Last Name
To make a deposit:
- Click Deposit
- Add Amount you want to deposit
- Click check out
- Click where it says credit card
- Enter Credit Card information and address information
- Click Pay
- When payment is approved you will get a green bar at the top of the screen saying it was successful.
Any questions or concerns please contact:
Nancy Antolini, Chelmsford Schools Nutrition Director
978-251-5111 x5642 | firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to reach out to NRT here is the phone # 978-323-0101
If any issues come up regarding the bus coming late, or not picking up your child etc.
Buses/ Transportation: I encourage families to register your students for the buses. There is plenty of room on our buses. Please use this link to register your students for the bus: https://www.chelmsford.k12.ma.us/domain/90
Start/End Times: Students will be allowed to enter the school at 8:00am with HR beginning at 8:19. Students who enter before 8:05 will go to the cafeteria where we have supervision and breakfast is served. Our dismissal time is 2:40pm. We will continue to maintain a safe, staggered dismissal allowing for less-crowded hallways and ample time for students to board the buses or get picked up.
COVID-19 Protocol Updates
COVID-19 Protocol Updates
- No mask requirement- except when in the Health Offices and/or returning to school after testing positive- wear a mask Day 6-10 (unless test negative on Day 5 or after)
- Individuals who wish to continue to wear a mask will be supported
- Discontinued Pool Testing, At-Home Rapid Antigen Testing, Test to Stay and Contract Tracing
- Quarantine for close contacts is no longer required, regardless of vaccination status or where the exposure occurred.
- Exposed individuals may attend school as long as they remain symptom free.
- Fever 100.0/chills, shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell,
- Muscle aches/body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion/runny nose (not due to other known cause such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
Chelmsford Friends of the Library
The Chelmsford Friends of the Library will host a book sale Friday, Oct. 14 through Sunday, Oct. 16 at the Chelmsford Town Hall Gymnasium located at 50 Billerica Road in Chelmsford.
The book sale features a large selection of fiction, non-fiction, children's books, DVDs and CDs.
The book sale hours are as follows:
- Friday, Oct. 14: 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 15: 9 a.m-5 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 16: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
On Sunday, all books are $5 per box. Additionally, from 12-1 p.m. teachers/educators get one free box of book.
NOTE: Patrons are asked to park and enter the library behind the Town Hall.
For more information see the attached flyer or contact the Chelmsford Friends of the Library at email@example.com or (978) 256-5521.
McCarthy & Parker Cross Country Running Team -------- September 26st-November 3rd
McCarthy & Parker Cross Country Running Team
The Cross Country Running Team is open to middle-school students of all grades and abilities. The team practices Tuesdays and Thursdays at the track behind McCarthy Middle School, from 2:45-3:45 pm, from September 26st-November 3rd. In addition to practices, runners will have the opportunity to compete in meets with area middle schools. Students of all ages and skill levels are welcome to participate - our goal is to run approximately two miles (or more) each practice. Practices always start with stretching and end with a game!
*Runners of all abilities are encouraged to attend meets, although races are never mandatory. All runners are responsible for their own transportation to and from practices and meets.
*Parker students must be picked up at dismissal time and dropped off at the track behind McCarthy Middle School (carpooling is allowed and encouraged). Staff will not be able to jog students over and back as in years past.
*This is an after school club and all students must get an after school activity card in order to participate. Homeroom teachers will have sign ups available starting next week.
*Deadline for registration is Friday, September 16th.
If interested, please have your child ask their homeroom teachers for a handout in order to sign up and purchase the required after-school activity card. If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Activities We anticipate sending activities information out late September. I'll keep you posted!
Drop Off Procedures at McCarthy
PLEASE DO NOT DROP-OFF OR PICK-UP IN CENTRAL OFFICE AND STAFF LOTS
Dear McCarthy Community,
It has again been reported that we have an unsafe situation. Despite previous messaging to all families, our Central Office parking lot continues to be an unsafe area people are dropping off/picking up children. This can no longer happen. There have been some close calls and near accidents as people are pulling over in various spots in the driveways and parking lot at Central Office. All drop-offs and pick-ups are on the Chelmsford Police Department side (right side) of the building. There should be no drop-off/pick-ups on the staff parking area as well (left side of the building). The only time there are pick-ups on the left side of the school are for activities pick-ups at 3:45. Below is a reminder of our drop-off and pick-up procedures. Thanks for everyone's cooperation as we want to keep everyone safe.
2022-2023 PTO Board :
2022-2023 PTO Board : President:
Vice President: Risa DiVincenzo
Treasurer: Shanon Dahlstrom
Secretary: Alicia Cunningham
Enrichment Coord.: Katie Kelepouris
Contact Us: PTO.McCarthy@gmail.com
Please contact your child’s counselor if you have any concerns whether it is attendance related or not. Specific class/assignment related questions or concerns should be directed to the particular teacher involved. Our counselor assignments are as follows:
Moya Charig: Grade 8 & Team 5-4 email@example.com
Elyse Seero: Grade 6& Team 5-2,5/6 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Weaver : Grade 7 & Team 5-1 & 5-3 email@example.com