December 9, 2022
Dear SHMS Families:
Congratulations to our 7th and 8th grade music ensembles who performed Tuesday and Thursday nights. As usual, I was blown away by each performance. We are so proud of our students and the quality of music that is produced each year. We are grateful to our music department for all of their hard work and to our families and students for supporting music education at SHMS. We are excited about the 6th grade concert next Tuesday night.
Today was the last day of the first trimester for 7th and 8th grade specials classes. Students should report to their trimester two specials course on Monday.
I want to thank the SHMS Home and School for supplying a hot chocolate bar for our staff today. We appreciate your support. It was much needed.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Dr. Chris Matsanka
Medical Information Portal
Attention Parents!! - Did you know – your students’ medical permission for medication MUST be updated every year for them to get medications from the Nurse? Please take a moment to do so, so your child will be able to get medication they need when they don’t feel good.
You will need to Log into your Parent Portal to complete the following:
· Log on to their parent portal
· Go to Forms
· Student demographics
· Medical information
· Answer yes or no for the medication listed
· Enter your name and current date
· Hit the submit button - located at the bottom and to the right of the page
Thank you to all of the 7th and 8th grade musicians for their hard work and beautiful music-making this past Tuesday and Thursday! Thank you to the music families as well for supporting these students throughout their music journey here at SHMS. Here's to a well-deserved break and setting our sights on the spring concert!
6th Grade Schedule for nest week:
- Concert dress should be worn to school or brought in a bag to change into
- Black top, black bottoms, black shoes - look dressy!
- Morning rehearsal from 7-7:45am in auditorium
- Dress rehearsal during Period 1 for ALL 6th Grade BAND students
- Period 2: 6th Chorus
- Period 3: 6th Orchestra
- School Concert during Period 7 and 8 in concert dress. Come to the auditorium IMMEDIATELY after 6th period.
- All pieces are being played for the in-school concert
- Orchestra rehearsal from Connections-3pm
- Report time 6:30pm
- Concert at 7pm
- Concert black: black top, black bottoms, black shoes - look dressy!
- Concert Order for Band: Mercury's March, Contempo, Embark
- Concert Order for Orchestra: Centrifuge, Rustic Dance, Burst!
Ellington Jazz Band will meet on Monday, 12/12 from 5:30-7pm
Basie Jazz Band will meet on Tuesday, 12/13 and Thursday, 12/14 from Connections-3pm