Distance Learning at Jackson
April 27-May 1
Principally Speaking with Mrs. Miller
Welcome to Week 4 of Distance Learning! This week holds a very exciting event on Friday, May 1st...VIRTUAL FIELD DAY!!! Students, staff, and families will be able to participate in the first ever Jackson Virtual Field Day.
Here's how you get to participate:
- Go to Jackson's Website: https://www.d11.org/Domain/37
- Click on the Field Day button on the website (will go live on May 1st).
- Click on the opening video and have fun!!!
- Take lots of photos and/or videos of your family having fun during Jackson's Virtual Field Day and post them on our Facebook page: Jackson D11 or send them to your teacher(s) or me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can share them out.
- Have fun!
Please do not hesitate to communicate with your child(ren)'s teacher during their office hours or me at any time.
Stay safe, healthy, and take care of each other!
Week of April 27-May 1 Update
- Teacher Professional Development and Planning Day to prepare for distance learning
- Students can access D11 Choice Boards or other material previously shared by teacher
- The D11 Choice Boards are available by clicking here: https://www.d11.org/distancelearnin
Tuesday, April 28:
- College and Career Day-wear your favorite college or career shirt/outfit!
- Distance Learning at Jackson!
Wednesday, April 29-Thursday, April 30:
- Continue to engage in Distance Learning.
Friday, May 1:
- Jackson's Virtual Field Day (Click on Jackson's website https://www.d11.org/Domain/37) and click on the Field Day button
Online Homework Help from Coronado Key Club
Enrollment and Registration 2020-2021
From the Jackson Library with Mrs. Sobecki
This video shows all the activities that are available at Code.org I have used Code.org with classes and for the Coding and Robotic class. I recommend everyone log onto this great resource. The girls in the Coding and Robotics club were given the opportunity to order this free Tshirt that says Girls Code. Have a great week and send me an email at email@example.com if you log into Code.org
Mrs. Thomas' Counseling Corner
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. – The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
I hope that these exercises help you and your student(s)to be able to take time to enjoy the day. We all need social and emotional learning especially now. If you need anything, please contact me at the information below. Have a wonderful week.
Mrs. Sharon Thomas
School Counselor - NBCT
Jackson Elementary School
· Email: Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone Number: 719-328-5836
· Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 10:00 am and 2:00-3:00 pm
· School Counselor Page on Jackson – D11 Website
- Teachers have "Teacher Websites" on the Jackson website. They will be updated regularly.
- Parents/Guardians-please check the "Student Resource" page on our website for new links with activities.
- District 11 has extended the Distance Learning until the end of the school year for the 2019-2020 school year.
Jackson Contact Information
Please remember that all teacher phone numbers and email addresses can be found on Jackson's website under "Staff Directory." (link below) If you call your teacher's work phone number, you will be directly connected to them! Also, feel free to email them or use Remind/Dojo.