Peek at the Week
Week of October 22nd, 2018
Staff Shout Outs!
- Thanks to Joanne S. for organizing our author visit last week! The students were very engaged in the presentations by Shane Peacock.
- Thanks Mr. Gallupe for sharing the experiential learning program with our Parent Council last Wednesday evening! And thanks to Sara for giving up her Wednesdays to be our teacher rep!
- We are accepting Lego donations - there is a donation box in the front foyer
- Tuesday is Global Maker Day! Storybooks in Joanne's office if needed for thinking prompts. We'd love to see the 'making' happening around the school! We're hoping to put together a movie to depict all the great things happening. Please share your photos with Joanne B, tag @Southview & use #GlobalMakerDay2018
- Wednesday is Take Me Outside Day! Outdoor Ed opportunities and ideas are HERE. Use #TakeMeOutside and tag @Southview to share your experiences.
Treat Days Are Back!!
This Week at Southview
Monday, October 22nd (Day 3)
- We Scare Hunger campaign begins!
Tuesday, October 23rd (Day 4)
- Global Maker Day! Tag @Southview and use #GlobalMakerDay2018
- Family Halloween Dance, 6:00 - 8:00 pm ***Students MUST be accompanied by their parent(s)
Wednesday, October 24th (Day 5)
- Tiffany shortlisting for EA list (all day)
- Joanne at Makerspace Mtg (pm)
- Tammy Giles in for PM
- Primary Author visit 9:20-10:20 (K-1), 10:25-11:25 (2-3) - library booked
- Grade 7 art activity with author - 12:55 (library booked)
Thursday, October 25th (Day 1)
- Joanne & Tiffany at Family of Schools mtg (late arrival)
- Staff yoga with Diana (after school)
Friday, October 26th
- PA Day - agenda to follow
Upcoming Events and Special Days
October 15-26 - Holiday JOY Fundraising campaign
October 22 ~ We Scare Hunger campaign begins
October 23 ~ Global Maker Day!
October 23 ~ Parent Council Family Halloween Dance
October 24 ~ Take Me Outside Day!
October 26 ~ PA Day
October 29 & 30 ~ Dental Screening for JK, SK & Grade 2
October 30 ~ Stephanie Sartor visit (am)
October 30 ~ DuChene (3s) & Zwiers to Swim to Survive
October 31 ~ Orange & Black Day
November 1 ~ Progress Reports due to the office
November 2 ~ Brown & Jones (3s) to Swim to Survive
November 5 ~ DuChene (3s) & Zwiers to Swim to Survive
November 7 ~ Picture Retake Day
November 9 ~ Brown & Jones (3s) to Swim to Survive
November 9 ~ Remembrance Day Assembly, 10:15 am
November 9 ~ Grade 7 & 8 to Financial Literacy
November 12 ~ Bus Safety Presentations (4-8)
November 14 ~ We Day in Ottawa
November 14 ~ Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm
November 15 ~ Progress Reports go home
November 19 to 22 ~ Scholastic Book Fair
November 19 ~ Hallford & Dupuis to Gould Lake
November 21 ~ Farren & Hall to Gould Lake
November 27 & 28 ~ Vision Screening for SK & Grade 1
November 30 ~ PA Day - NO SCHOOL