I CAN Run
Looking for volunteers
What does a volunteer do?
A volunteer is a coach who will train small teams of boys or girls through a curriculum covering team work, goal setting, understanding ourselves and running games. Coaches and teams meet twice a week for 10 weeks with a goal of completing a 5K race at the conclusion of the program. Meetings will begin in March and will meet twice a week after school from 3-4:30 pm.
What Types Of Volunteers Are There?
Whether you love to run or not, if you have a passion for helping kids realize their potential, there is a spot for you on the I CAN Run team.
- Head Coach--oversees both the classroom lessons and running games for their group.
- Assistant Coach--Helps the head coach. May have a specialty in either classroom lessons on goal setting, team work, or personal empowerment or running.
- Junior Coach--A high school junior or senior who wants to work with a group of students and assists both the head coach and assistant coach.
- Running Buddy--get those running shoes out as you run with a group and encourage youngsters to keep moving!
- 5K Volunteer--Helps to organize and prepare for the culminating 5K run at the end of the program.
- Healthy Snacker--Helps to plan, organize and prepare weekly snacks for participants at each meeting.
- Fundraiser--Organizes and contacts various business to help support the I CAN Run program for small prizes and t-shirts for each participant.
- Graphic Designer/Advertiser--helps to promote the I CAN Run program by creating and sending flyers, newsletter, and brochures to all stakeholder.