Creek Band - 2/3/20 to 2/9/20
Weekly Newsletter of the Clear Creek High School Band
Spring Activity Fee Was Due Friday, January 10th - Please pay ASAP!
The spring activity fee of $150 is was due Friday, January 10th.
As detailed in the Program Costs & Expenses document shared with everyone in the fall, this fee helps offset costs incurred during our successful 2019 marching season as well as for experiences and activities for the students this spring. This fee covers: clinicians, masterclasses, supplemental marching band staff, supplemental percussion staff, extra transportation, and more.)
Please deposit cash, check, or money order payable to CCHS Band Boosters in the band hall safe this week. If you would like to make a payment with a credit or debit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an online invoice.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr.Fincher.
***This fee is for woodwind players, brass players, and percussionists only.***
This Week's Rehearsal Schedules
- Monday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Trumpet Sectional
- Monday, 3:00pm to 4:00pm - Percussion Sectional
- Monday, 3:00pm to 4:00pm - Sax/Low Reed Sectional
- Tuesday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Clarinet Sectional
- Tuesday, 3:30pm to 6:00pm - Full Ensemble Rehearsal
- Wednesday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Flute/Oboe Sectional
- Thursday, 6:00am to 7:00am - French Horn Sectional
- Friday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Low Brass Sectional
- Monday, 3:15pm to 4:15pm - Low Brass/Low Reed Sectional
- Monday, 4:15pm to 5:15pm - Trumpet Sectional
- Tuesday, 3:15pm to 4:15pm - Clarinet Sectional
- Wednesday, 3:15pm to 5:00pm - Full Ensemble Rehearsal
- Thursday, 3:15pm to 4:15pm - Flute Sectional
- Thursday, 4:15pm to 5:15pm - French Horn/Saxophone Sectional
Events, Announcements, and Information
Creek Band Hosts Two TCGC Contests - Friday, 2/21 and Saturday 2/22
We have been given the opportunity to host two Texas Color Guard Circuit contests. These events have the potential to raise money that will help with expenses for the entire band program. If we host these events well, we could possible host them for future years.
There are two contests (times are not yet finalized and subject to change as soon as receive the schedule from TCGC):
- Friday, 2/21 - Color Guard Contest - 2:30pm to 11:00pm (Evening Shift)
- Saturday, 2/22 - Percussion Contest - 7:00am to 6:00pm (Morning & Afternoon Shifts)
All students involved in the Clear Creek Band Program are required to work at least one volunteer shift during this weekend. This event and the proceeds benefit the entire program.
You may sign up for more than one shift.
Parents, we need your help as well! Please sign up to assist with the event if you can. Parents will be in more "supervisory" positions while the bulk of the work is handled by the students. You may sign up for more than one shift.
Winter Guard Contest - WGI Houston
Saturday, Feb. 8th, 8:45am-7pm
22603 Northcrest Drive
Performance Time - 1:26pm
Come support the Clear Creek Varsity Winter Guard!
Indoor Drumline Contest - TCGC
Saturday, Feb. 8th, 7am-10pm
4410 Crenshaw Road
Performance Time - 3:26pm
Come support the Clear Creek Indoor Drumline!
Spring Trip to Winter Park Attendees - Room Sign Ups
If you (or your student) are traveling to Winter Park for the Spring Trip, please join the BAND group that has been setup by clicking here.
In that group, you will find a link where you can sign up for your room. If you have paid your trip in full, you may sign up for a room.
Subscribe to Calendars!
You can subscribe to the calendars that are constantly updated for each part of the program.
Use the links below to import/subscribe in whatever calendar application you use:
Creek Band Main - For everyone in all aspects of the program.
Color Guard / Winter Guard
- Saturday, February 8th - Winter Guard Contest - Klein Oak HS
- Saturday, February 8th - Indoor Drumline Contest - Pasadena Memorial HS
- Monday, February 17th - Student Holiday - All Day
- Friday, February 21st - Host Winter Guard Contest - Clear Creek HS - 2:30pm to 11:00pm
- Saturday, February 22nd - Host Indoor Drumline Contest - Clear Creek HS - 8:00am to 10:00pm
- Saturday, February 29th - Symphonic Band Clinic w/ Mr. Benzer - Clear Creek HS - Time TBA
- Wednesday, March 4th - Band Picture Day - Clear Creek HS - During Class
- Thursday, March 19th - Taste of Creek & Clear Creek Solo & Ensemble Festival - Clear Creek HS - Evening
Stay up to date with announcements, itineraries, schedules, calendars, media, and more!