Crew's News- Mrs. Copeland's Class
10/19 - 10/23
Moby Max is up and running!!!
We are excited to implement a new web-based curriculum called MobyMax in our classroom. MobyMax is tailored to your child's individual needs, and I think you will be very impressed by how fast your child will excel while using Moby. Moby's features include:
-Placement tests that accurately identify where your child excels, and where his or her "missing skills" are
-Targeted instruction to "fill in" those missing skills
-Systematic review sessions that ensure that your child retains 100% of what he or she has learned
Best of all, your child can access Moby from your home computer at any time.
Student Login steps:
1. Please go to www.mobymax.com/sc950
2. Enter the same username and password as IXL
example username: LCopeland password:lc1234
Once logged in, your child will immediately start the lessons and begin improving his or her missing skills.
You can sign in as a parent as well by selecting "Parent" from the drop-down menu and entering your child's username and password. You will be able to monitor your child's progress and even send messages to me.
CogAT Testing October 21-23
the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) will be administered to all second grade students.
Scores from these tests will be used as part of the criteria for students to be served in the Elementary Gifted & Talented program for the 2016-2017 academic year.
To prepare for any test, students should be well rested, well nourished, and have a
confident attitude. Additionally, unless your child is sick, please make sure he/she is
present and arrives on time at school during testing. Students who miss the scheduled
test will be given a make-up test. Children generally perform better when taking tests
with the rest of their group rather than at a make-up time. It is very important that your
child be here on time the mornings of October 21st, 22nd, and 23rd to test with his or her class. Thank you for preparing your child to perform to the best of his or her ability on CogAT.
Specials Schedule Rotation
Monday - P.E. (Be sure to wear tennis shoes EVERY MONDAY for P.E.)
Tuesday - Tech Lab.
Wednesday - Guidance/Media Center
Thursday - Art
Friday - Music
What are we up to?
- Writing - Informational Writing
- ELA - Ask and answer questions for understanding (non-fiction)
- Math - Mentally add and subtract 10s and 100s and skip count by 10's and 100's starting at any given number
MATH IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
- Struggling: 1st Grade Math - A.8, A.19 (skip counting)
- On Grade Level: 2nd Grade Math - G.1, H.1, I.1, J.1 (add/subtract) A. 1, A.2, A.3, A.11, A.12 (skip counting)
- Challenge: 3rd Grade Math - A.7, A.8 (skip counting)
Khan Academy Practice:
- Social Studies: How do our Local, State and National Governments work?
- Weekly Words: "ay" vowel pattern: day, May, play, clay, ray, hay, pay, tray, stay
- Clorox Wipes
- October 21-23 - CogAT testing
- October 23 - Mother/Daughter Fall Frolic (see details below)
- October 23 - Special Olympics Shirt Orders Due (see below)
- October 26-30 Red Ribbon Week (see details below)
- October 26 - Report Cards go home
- October 28 - McAlister's Spirit Night
- October 29 - Picture Day
- October 30 - Fall For Reading Day (more info. to come!)
Box Tops are collected every Friday
Open House - Thursday, November 12 (5:30-7:30 pm)
All teachers will be in their classrooms. Each teacher will host 25 minute sessions with a short break in between. More details to come.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS
Book Orders can be placed at any time throughout the year and shipping is free.
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (bottom of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Shop Online: https://clubs2.scholastic.com
Happy Reading :)
Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week: OCTOBER 26-30
Monday - Neon Day (our future is so bright we don't need drugs)
Tuesday - Boot Day (Stomp out Bullying)
Wednesday - Blue Day (wear blue to show your support for standing up against bullying)
Thursday - Red Ribbon Day (we will give out red ribbons)
Friday - Team Day (Team up to fight against bullying and drugs-favorite jersey/team shirt day)
Special Olympics shirts
Mrs.Colquhoun and Mrs. Pursley are opening up our Special Olympics shirts to the school for order. We are so excited about the design and message! This year we are giving options: Long or short sleeve, cotton or dri fit! This years design is shown in the picture.
Prices are the same for youth and adult shirts!
Note....we must have at least 15 of each type to place the order!
Orders are due by October 23rd
Go Play Save Fundraiser
GoPlaySave Fundraiser kicks off October 14!
To purchase a mobile version of this popular coupon book go to our school's store:
From this store you can:
* Pay by Credit Card
* Choose either a mobile or a paper book
* Enter your contact information at check out for credit and fulfillment purposes
* Create an easy URL link to share via email, Facebook and Twitter. Visit the same store www.goplaysavecharlotte.com/store/ihes2016 and click the big red button to create a URL. When your URL generates sales, you and the PTA will be notified via email.
* Download Tools to help you sell
Want to pay by check or cash? Complete the envelope/form sent home with your child and return it to school by November 2.
"Read Your Way to the Big Game"
Parent Letter - Spanish
2nd/3rd Grade Musical
Thursday, Dec. 3rd, 7pm
1825 Eden Terrace
Rock Hill, SC
Relay for Life
Saturday, May 14th 2016 at 8am
4757 Mount Gallant Road
Rock Hill, SC
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Relay for Life will be May 14, 2016, at Dutchman Creek Middle School.
This year we are going to expand our team and invite our students and families to join in the fundraising efforts and the walk. Below is the link...you can search for India Hook Elementary Pirates and click to join. You do NOT have to make a donation today. There is an option to donate later, but this will set you up with an account that you can share with friends and family. If you participated last year, you should still have an account in your name. Please let me know if you have any questions. We are starting earlier this year so we can raise as much money as possible. Last year we raised almost $2,000!!!!!!
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Email - LCopeland@rhmail.org
Voicemail - (803) 985-4042