Lincoln Park Middle School
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a joyous and safe holiday season. As many of you know, to start the new year our district is seeing some transition. With the retirement of Mr. Grube leaving a vacancy in our Superintendent position, Mr. Meyer has stepped into this role. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Meyer for his many years of service as Principal of the Lincoln Park Middle School and we all look forward to working with him as our new Superintendent of Schools. Looking towards the future at the middle school, myself and our Interim Principal Robert Sciolaro will be sharing the responsibility of running the daily operations of the school building. For the remaining part of the year, I will be the point of contact of all parental communications, so please feel free to reach out to be at any time via the following contact information: email@example.com or 973-696-5520 ext 3313. I would also like to take an opportunity to welcome Mr. Sciolaro to our school community and I look forward to working with him.
During the month of January we have some exciting upcoming events. Next Friday, January 15th, we will be holding our student council elections. Even with our hybrid schedule, I’m excited to get the students involved in student government and look forward to working with our advisors and students as they plan special events and programs. Our yearbook is starting to come together as our committee is working hard to produce this keepsake item. Please keep an eye out for announcements for photo submissions and yearbook sales. I’m sure our staff and students will be producing a fabulous book this year.
As we continue to move through the COVID-19 pandemic I wanted to take an opportunity to thank our staff, students, and all of the parents for your continued cooperation and support. We realize that this is not a normal school year, but with the support of everyone involved we will continue to strive to have a successful year. I hope everyone remains healthy and I look forward to working with all of you over the next several months.
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- Incubation period: 1-14 days
- Mode of transmission: Human-to-human transmission via respiratory droplets
- Prevention tips: Avoiding close contact with sick individuals; frequently washing hands with soap and water; not touching the eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands; and practicing good respiratory hygiene. Social distancing at least 6 feet and wearing a mask.
January 18- No School for Students, PD day for Staff
January 19- Picture Retakes, RED cohort
January 19- Picture Retakes - VIRTUAL STUDENTS 1-4pm
Hello, Gryphons, and Happy 2021!
This is a reminder that if you are not already doing so, please make sure you regularly attend all of your classes on time as outlined in Genesis; more specifically the classes that take place after lunch (unless you are following a temporary schedule provided to you by Mrs. Puri).
Homeroom: 8:25 - 8:50 am
Block 1: 8:53 - 9:38 am
Block 2: 9:41 - 10:26 am
Block 3: 10:29 - 11:14 am
Block 4: 11:17 - 12:02 pm
Block 5: 12:05 - 12:50 pm
Travel time: 12:50 - 1:35 pm
Lunch: 1:35 - 1:55 pm
Block 6: 1:55 - 2:20 pm
Block 7: 2:20 - 2:45 pm
Block 8: 2:45 - 3:10 pm
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please email Mrs. Nilsson and submit the Tech Request Form so that we can further assist you. 20-21 Student Tech Request.
If you or your parents/guardians are unable to log into Genesis to see your schedule/grades, please email Mrs. Puri as it may require a password reset, or there may be forms that were not completed by your parents/guardians. If you have any other questions, please let me, Mrs. Puri, or one of your teachers know.
Have a great day,
Mrs. Nilsson and Mrs. Puri
Board of Education
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2021 at 6:30 PM
Public access to the meeting is available through the Zoom platform. To access the meeting you must register for it in advance, which will generate an email to the Superintendent. Once approved, you will receive an email providing you with a link to join the meeting.
To register, CLICK HERE and provide your name and address. The registration deadline is Tuesday at 6:15 PM.
- The public will have the ability to comment only during the two public portions of the meeting. The first is towards the beginning of the meeting and the second is near the end.
- To speak during the public portion, you must type your full name and address in the Chat area of the meeting. You will also need to use the raise the hand feature, available in the participants tab.