Vol. 30 Week of 4/8/19 Mark AM
Busy week coming up, but there is a nice relaxing break waiting for you at the other end. We made some changes to the Open House performance schedule. The way it was, there wasn't going to be enough time for the families of multiple students to get into classrooms and see the performances. It shouldn't affect you much, but I'll need your help communicating the change to families (the exact schedule is in the Week at a Glance below).
There are a lot of events happening, so read through the breakdown of each day on the Week at a Glance carefully. To name a few, we have Book Fair, the assignment fair, Sami's Circuit Family night, the GRAND event (see below for details, it will be BUSY on campus on Wednesday), Open House/Art Night/Plant Sale, Starstruck practices, and the BMX Assembly.
I'm not sure if we can fit any more into a single week.
We can do it!
Deadline for Purchase Orders
Happy Birthday to ....
Week At A Glance
April 8th - Book Fair
- IEP Storment 7:45
- K-Kids 1:45-2:45
- Vision Testing K, 2, 5 (see the attachment below)
- IEP Munno 3:00
April 9th - Book Fair
- Starstruck practice
- SST Williamson 12:00
- SST Munno 1:00
- IEP Evangelisti 2:00
- Tiger Crew Meeting 2:45-3:45
- Assignment Fair at TBMS 3:00-5:00
- Art with Ms. Tara 2:40-4:00 Room 310
- Sami Circuit Family Night #2 6:00-7:00
April 10th -Book Fair
- Fire Drill 9:35
- GRAND Event (families will be on campus having lunch with their student)
- Art with Ms. Tara 2:40-4:00 Room 310
- Firefly Art 2:50
- IEP Scarbrough 3:00
April 11th - Book Fair- Will @ DO for interviews
- 2:50 Early Engineers
- Night 5:00-7:00
- 3rd Grade Performance 5:15 (3rd graders arrive at 5:00)
- Classrooms Open 5:30-6:30
- 4th Grade Performances begin 6:15
- 6:15 Scarbrough
- 6:20 Swanson
- 6:25 Conway
- 5th Grade Performances begin 6:30
- 6:30 Gammelgard
- 6:35 Storment
- 6:40 Souto/Mandel
April 12th - Book Fair
- Starstruck practice
- SST Williamson 1:00
- BMX Assembly 1:50
- IEP Murphy 3:00
If you send weekly newsletters to your parents, please let them know that they can send money with their student on their library day!
The Book Fair will NOT be open before school.
The Book Fair will take place in the library. If I normally pick up your class from their line, I will do so next week as well.
On Wednesday, April 10th, we will be holding a GRAND Book Fair Event! (weather permitting) Students can invite a Grandparent (or any of the other special people listed below), to come have lunch with them at school. After they eat lunch, they can go to the book fair to shop!
G - Grandparents
R - Relatives
A - Aunts & Uncles
N - Neighbors
D - Devoted Caregivers
!!! - Or anyone else that is special to them!
All Special guests must sign in at the office and get a "Book Fair Pass" before coming onto campus.
- Scholastic has given me a $5.00 off coupon for each of you. Instead of printing them out, I thought I'd just let you know that if you are planning on making a purchase, I can deduct $5.00! (One per person)
- Only a few of you requested to make "Wish Lists". I went ahead and made a board just in case families would like to purchase a book for your classrooms. If you'd like to create a wish list, please stop by on Monday if possible. For those of you that don't make it in, I'll have a slip of paper in your pocket that says that you'd prefer THEM to choose a book they'd like to see in your classroom.
- Book Fair Hours:
- Monday 8:15 – 2:15
- Tuesday 8:15 – 3:15
- Wednesday – 8:15 – 3:15, Grand Event: 11:00 – 1:00
- Thursday 8:15 – 3:15, Open House 5:00 – 7:00
- Friday 8:15 – 3:15
Thank you to all of the 5th grade teachers that are loaning students to help at the book fair! I appreciate you so much!
Plant Sale by Mr. G
All money earned will go toward purchasing additional soil and seeds.
Look for an additional sale the end of May! Happy gardening TBE families!!
ISPs in PLCs
4/25/19 Preview Day TBMS Fifth All classes 9:00-11:00
4/30/19 Bishop's Hamburger Farm Second All classes 8:45-12:45
5/1/19 Bernard's Museum Third Evangelisti/Snook 8:30-2:30
5/2/19 Bernard's Museum Third Andrews/Villa 8:30-2:30
5/3/19 Roller King First All classes 9:30-2:10
5/21/19 Woodcreek Nature Fifth Storment/Gammelgard 10:45-1:15
5/22/19 Woodcreek Nature Fifth Mandel/Souto10:45-1:15
5/31/19 McBean Pool 4th Grade/Mandel 10:00-2:30
Down The Road
- 4/23 Tiger Crew Meeting 2:45-3:45
- 4/23,24 Starstruck performances
- 4/29 SPRING PICTURES
- 4/29 Choir practice will resume
- 4/29 ALL STAFF PHOTO 2:00
- 5/7 K,1,2 work on placement cards, 3,4,5 SBAC training
- 5/13-5/31 State Testing for 3rd-5th Grade
- 5/21 Class Placement Party (multipurpose room) 3:00
- 6/5 TBE Potter's Night
Starstruck Show Days Schedule
Tuesday, April 23rd
· 7:30am – 8:00am – Teachers – “Lets Get Loud And Shake The Room” #10
· 8:00am – 8:10am – Break
· 8:10am - 8:25am – Berkley/Wall - "Happy" - #4
· 8:20am - 8:35am – Cederholm/Vickner - "We Like To Party" - #2
· 8:30am - 8:45am – Scarbrough - "Celebrate" - #5
· 8:40am - 8:55am – Villa/Vickner - "Good Time" - #3
· 8:50am - 9:05am – Storment - "Lets Get It Started" - #7
· 9:00am - 9:15am – Graves/Davies - "Firework" - #8
· 9:10am – 9:25am – Williamson/Munno – “Rip It Up” - #6
· 9:20am – 9:35am – Snook/Sanchez – “Get The Party Started” - #1
· 9:30am – 9:45am – Mandel – “Best Day Of My Life” - #9
· 9:45am – 9:55am - Break
· 9:55am – 10:00am- Come to the gym, get lined-up, put shirts on, and be ready to go by 10:00am
· 10:00am - Assembly Show (Done in enough time before lunch starts.)
Wednesday, April 24th
· 8:20am - 8:35am – Gammelgard - "Good Feeling" - #7
· 8:30am - 8:45am – Swanson - "Gonna Have A Good Time" - #3
· 8:40am - 8:55am – Snodgrass/Gutierrez/Vickner - "Happy Days” - #4
· 8:50am - 9:05am – Morris/Pierce - "Celebration” - #6
· 9:00am - 9:15am – Souto - "Don’t Stop Believing" - #9
· 9:10am – 9:25am – Conway – “Celebrate” - #5
· 9:20am – 9:35am – Evangelisti – “Get The Party Started” - #1
· 9:30am – 9:45am – Andrews/Lambert – “Good Time” - #8
· 9:45am – 12:50pm – Break
· 12:50pm – 1:05pm – Foote/Muskat – “Happy” - #2
· 1:05pm – 1:10pm - Break
· 1:10pm – 1:15pm- Come to the gym, get lined-up, put shirts on, and be ready to go by 1:15pm
· 1:15pm - Assembly Show (Done in enough time before school gets out.)