Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
December 16, 2018
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
We are approaching the last week of school before our Winter Break. This is traditionally a time where we celebrate friendships and our time together at school, as well as all we are thankful for at home. A few things to know about this week:
- Monday, 12/17 brings us a new adventure - Sami's Circuit! See below for more details, but expect your student to come home ready to tell you about their fun assembly! Big thanks to our PTC for bringing this healthy choices and physical education enrichment to our campus!
- All week long, we are on an Early Release Schedule. Grades 1-5 will dismiss at 1:40 pm (lunch will be served). AM K is on their regular 8-11:20 am schedule and PM K will attend from 10:20 am-1:40 pm
- There is NO SCHOOL on Friday, 12/21, as our Winter Break runs from Friday, 12/21-Sunday, 1/6.
- We will be welcoming students back to school on Monday, 1/7 with a regular Early Release day Monday, followed by a typical schedule the rest of the week.
Our Lost and Found will be out all week (weather permitting). Over the break, we'll be donating all items as of Friday.
There are sure to be many families visiting campus this week. Thank you for taking a minute to check into the campus in our front office between the hours of 7:55 am and 2:40 pm (1:40pm on ER days). It's important that you check out, too, so that we know who's here in case of an emergency.
Office Closed at 2 pm on Wednesday, 12/19
Happy holidays from our team to your family!
Keeping our Students Healthy
In order to minimize the spread and impact of the virus, here are some things we are doing at school:
- We are sanitizing the classrooms daily, including the door handles and faucets.
- We disinfect all lunch tables/benches after each lunch group.
- We sanitize the restrooms daily, and after incidents involving bodily fluids.
- We are reminding/enforcing good hand washing, coughing, and nose blowing practices.
- We remind students not to share items/food and to maintain personal space.
- We wipe down the office/health office a few time daily.
- There is ample hand sanitizer available in classrooms, the office, and the cafeteria, too!
If you child has experienced vomiting, nausea, diarrhea and/or fever, we ask you to keep/take your child home and to keep them at home until they are symptom free without medication for 48 hours.
Encourage your child to wash his/her hands regularly and to avoid sharing food, writing tools, etc... at school.
Big big thanks goes to our custodians Mr. Rob and Mr. Arty for their efforts in keeping our campus clean and safe for our students. Kudos to our teachers and staff for their efforts to keep surfaces clean and to remind our students to make healthy choices at school.
Sami's Circuit - a Healthy Choices/Physical Activity Enrichment!
Sami’s Circuit is an upbeat, energetic exercise event created by Sami Kader, a long-time fitness expert from Roseville, California. His program is coming to LCES thanks to our PTC!
The event includes a high-energy, age-appropriate music mix, sound and lighting effects. Sami developed his Circuit to enable children and teens of all fitness levels to challenge themselves in a way they feel comfortable with. All activities are scalable to individual abilities while still participating as a group. Through Sami’s motivation, participants are encouraged to push themselves to new levels.
Sami’s Circuit allows participants to feel pride in their own achievements, and will spark a positive association with movement and health that will last a lifetime.
Our students will participate in a whole school assembly on Mon., 12/17, a grade level assembly on Tues., 1/8, and then we welcome our families to join us for a family night on Mon., 1/14 at 6 pm! Get all the details on our school calendar here!
Lane Closures in Lincoln Crossing Area
Due to work being done at the LC Clubhouse:
davisREED Construction will be installing a new fire line across Ferrari Ranch Rd. for the Lincoln Crossing Expansion Project. Starting Tuesday, Dec. 11th one lane will be closing between 7am and 4pm. (All lanes will be open after 4pm)
Please plan accordingly!
Reminder - Upcoming Non School/Change of Release Days
Mon., 12/17-Thurs., 12/20 - Early Release Days
- AM TK/K attends from 8-11:20 am; PM K attends from 10:20-1:40 pm
- grades 1-5 attend from 8:15 am -1:40 pm (a typical Monday schedule all week; lunch will be served)
Fri., 12/21-Sun., 1/6 - No School - Winter Break
Upcoming Events UPDATE!!!!
- Mon., 12/17: Early Release Day
- Mon., 12/17, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 12/17, 1:45-2:40 pm: LCES Choir Party
- Tues., 12/18: Early Release Day
- Tues., 12/18, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 12/18, 1:40-2:40 pm (note time change): tutoring for grade for invited 2nd graders
- Wed., 12/19: Early Release Day
- Wed., 12/19, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 12/19, 2 pm: front office closed; call Mrs. Hladun (702 324 6884) with urgent concerns
- Thurs., 12/20: Early Release Day
- Fri., 12/21-Sun., 1/6: Winter Break - Happy Holidays and Happy 2019!
- Mon., 1/7: Early Release Day
- Mon., 1/7, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Tues., 1/8, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Tues., 1/8, 5 pm: PTC Meeting - all families welcome; child care is provided
- Wed., 1/9, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 1/9, 2 pm: Lockdown Drill Scheduled
- Fri., 1/11: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 1/11, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Rehearsal
- Sat., 1/12, 4-6 pm: WatchDOGS Mother/Son Bowling at Strikes - get Save the Date Info here
- Week of 1/14-1/18: PTC Simply Nutrition Fundraiser
- Mon., 1/14: Early Release Day
- Mon., 1/14, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council Meeting
- Mon., 1/14, 1:45-2:40 pm: Choir Rehearsal
- Mon., 1/14, 6 pm: PTC Hosts Sami's Circuit Family Night - all families welcome
- Tues., 1/15, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Beautification & Kindness)
- Wed., 1/16, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Cares)
- Wed., 1/16, 2:45-3:10 pm: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meetings (Pride); Mr. Stelma's room
- Wed., 1/16, 2:45-3:45 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble Rehearsal; Music Room
- Fri., 1/18: Colt Pride Day
- Fri., 1/18, 2-3:30 pm: Peter Pan, Jr. Ensemble & Cast Rehearsal, MPR Stage
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!