CSEA, Area G
CSEA Communications Academy 2013
This is a fee-free weekend: travel, meals, and housing expenses for all attendees are paid by CSEA. Unfortunately, Release Time is not offered for this training.
For more information and to download the application, visit http://www.csea.com/commacademy
Communication Awards Competition 2013
CSEA’s Communications Committee announces the 7th statewide Communication Awards competition. This competition is designed to not only honor the best overall communication tools, but also the components that make up quality print and electronic publications. Please refer to Policy 910.
The Award of Excellence will be given in four categories: Print, E-newsletter, Web, and Flyer. There will be at most one (1) award in each category based on the rating given by the judges.
The Award of Distinction will be given in each of the fourteen (14) categories listed:
- Best Design (Print)
- Best Design (E-Newsletter)
- Best Design (Web)
- Best Design (Flyer)
- Best News Article/Story (Print)
- Best News Article/Story (E-Newsletter)
- Best News Article/Story (Web)
- Best Use of Photography (Print)
- Best Use of Photography (E-Newsletter)
- Best Use of Photography (Web)
- Best Use of Photography (Flyer)
- Best Column/Editorial (Print)
- Best Column/Editorial (E-Newsletter)
- Best Column/Editorial (Web)
- An entry may consist of up to one entry per Excellence category and up to one entry per Distinction category. Print entries must be a newsletter published and dated between May 2012 and April 2013. E-newsletter and Flyer entries must be an e-newsletter or flyer distributed between May 2012 and April 2013. Web entries must be from a registered CSEA website as defined in Policy 910.3.01(c).
- All entries must be received by the May 15, 2013 entry deadline. Mail to the Communications Committee Chairperson, c/o CSEA Communications Department, 2045 Lundy Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131. Incomplete entry forms or omission of required supplements as noted on the individual entry tags will be cause for disqualification. FAX copies will not be accepted.
- Each chapter, region or retiree council may submit up to one entry per category.
- Judging will be accomplished by members of the Communications Committee.
For more information, click here.
CSEA Communications Committee, Area G
Charter Oak Chapter 309