Mrs. Bumatay's Bulletin
For Parents and Students
Volume 2 . Issue 34 . Week of May 9, 2022
TRANSLATE THIS BULLETIN
- Select "Translate Newsletter" under the "Accessibility" box (top right) and choose your language.
- Seleccione "Translate Newsletter" en "Accessibility" (cuadro en la parte superior derecha) y elija su idioma.
Dear Cavalier Families,
Happy Mother's Day to all! Parents play such a critical role in influencing the importance of academic achievement and obtaining an education. Thank you for your partnership in guiding our students towards academic success!
This week's announcements:
- We will be on a TESTING Schedule all this week. School will be dismissed at 1:05 pm every day. On Monday, students will go to the lunch area before school and look for their name and see what teacher they will report to for testing. Please remember to update your iPad, here are the instructions. Charge your iPad every night and bring any earbuds to plug into your iPad for testing. If you do not have any, do not worry, we will provide some to you.
- There will be NO RISE UP Friday this week.
- On Friday, May 13, we will celebrate a "Fit Friday" with an emphasis on wellbeing! There will be some activities happening on the blacktop that day as well as a veggie sushi lesson in the cooking room. Limited to the first 25 people. Sign up to attend on this form. See the flyer below.
- Parents, every year, we appreciate the opportunity for input on our CVM School Parent Engagement Policy. Please review this document as we plan for next year. Any recommendations or suggestions can be emailed directly to me. Thank you!
- We have four weeks left until the end of school. Final grades will be recorded at that time. Please monitor Jupitergrades for the latest information on academic progress. Reach out to teachers for any questions concerning assignments. Attend tutoring and ask for help.
- This will be the bell schedule on June 2 and June 3, 2022.
- There is a new Cavalier Spirit Day, Tuesdays are Unity Day! Please wear apparel that is orange, or something that encourages the theme of Unity: Shirts that support Kindness, Respect, Anti-Racism, etc. Mondays are College Days, Wednesday are Wellness Day (Yellow) and Fridays are Cavalier Red Spirit Days!
Our 8th grade Promotion date has been selected. All eighth graders who pass all of their current classes for second semester will be eligible for the promotion ceremony. The ceremony will take place on Thursday, June 2, 2022 at Chula Vista High School at 1:00 pm. Six guests per promoting 8th grade student will be allowed. More details to come as we get closer to the date.
- Have you signed up for our At-Home COVID-19 testing project? THE PROJECT IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS OF A STUDENT'S HOUSEHOLD! Click here to register for this project. Please test on Sunday night AND fill out the questionnaire. The testing kits are FREE (about $25 value each) and incentives are provided for participating in the study. Each student will be encouraged to test on Sunday nights. Testing is the first part of the project and the second part is filling out the questionnaire. The QR code to the questionnaire is on the registration card. You will also receive a reminder email to test with a link to the questionnaire. Test pickups are on Wednesday, from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm for Club TC parents/students on G street and on Fridays from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm in front of the school. These test kits are not for resale. Anyone found selling these kits in any online or in-person forum will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law possible.
Please feel free to contact myself or one of the Assistant Principals with any questions.
Mr. Guillermo.Flores@sweetwaterschools.org is our 8th grade Assistant Principal
are subbing as our 7th grade Assistant Principals
In your service,
Mrs. Lora Bumatay
FIT FRIDAY this Friday, the 13th!
Come join the activities!
Thank you Nurse Kovacs for all you do! Happy Nurse Appreciation Day!
These students were nominated by their teachers for Excellence in Demonstrating English Language Acquisition! Keep up the great work!
We welcomed students from Granger Jr. High, Mar Vista Academy, Montgomery Middle, National City Middle, and Southwest Middle! A great time was had by all!
"Out of the Boondocks" Docuseries
The term “boondocks” refers to distant places, but its root is a Filipino word for mountain: bundok. The duality of the word represents the hidden strength in the Filipino-American experience. Out of the Boondocks is a docuseries that sheds light on Filipino culture and creativity through the lens of San Diego’s Filipino artists and innovators. Premieres Thursdays, May 5 - June 9, 2022 at 8:30 p.m. on KPBS TV + Mondays, May 9 - June 13 at 8:30 p.m. on KPBS 2 / On demand with PBS Video App. Here is a link,
A recap of last week's events!
Monday's breakfast sponsored by SchoolsFirst Credit Union.
Tuesday's Tech Day!
Wednesday's Chick-Fil-A lunch for our staff!
Thursday's Cinco de Mayo Nachos!
Friday's Staff Appreciation Luncheon!
Costs of Library items if you do not turn them in! 7th graders coming back for 8th graders will keep their iPads over the summer.
Do you want to take Spanish next year?
Show your Spirit!
Students who are on Independent Studies due to COVID can access their classrooms online on this schedule.
Starting this week, students who are independent studies due to COVID can access their classrooms online. Teachers will send students their class Google Meet Link. The minimum requirement for teachers is to be online for twelve minutes a day for a total of one hour per week. Teachers are available through email as well.