Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Oct 4
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Students that are not academically eligible are able to participate starting today. All students who are ineligible have been contacted by Mr. Rees. The next time a student can regain eligibility is on October 16th when report card grades are posted.
- The Wind Ensemble is excited to have our guest Mr. Alvarado working with us! You can read more about Mr. Alvarado here: https://www.grapevinehsband.com/clinicians.html
- The pay for participation fee has been waived for this year only. Please verify that your account balance is correct in Skyward. Let Mr. Rees know if you have any questions.
- There is no school on October 12th. Students should use this time to catch up on their schoolwork, get some sleep and eat!
- Check out a new feature on our website! Archive and Awards!
- REVIEW the itinerary below for tonight's performance. Be sure to have ALL MUSIC and review the inspection procedures.
All winds and percussion will be wearing their black band shorts and WHITE band shirt.
- CLICK HERE to get music on our website.
- We are excited to start our first fundraiser of the year! We have partnered with MSC Fundraising to sell masks! The website has our initial line up, but more will be added soon! You can check it out here: https://www.mscfundraising.com/collections/ghs-mustang-band
- Annual Calendar HERE.
- You need to clean and disinfect your instruments! (videos below)
Meet Ms. Lash!
Get your football tickets for MPS
Access code: AWTHX7
They will be limited to 4-tickets per transaction.
Chipotle Fundraiser Is Coming! Mark your calendars for our first Grub Club Spirit Night! October 7th 4:00pm-8:00pm. Colleyville Chipotle. % of sales goes to the band program. Hope to see you there!
Statement credits for the Daily Dollars Fundraiser will be applied in CHARMS by next Friday.
- Ms. Gallante still has 4 spiritwear orders that have not been picked up.
- ALL band fees should be paid at this time unless there is a formal financial assistance agreement in place and that all agreements should be adhered to. All parents need to regularly check Charms to review their student's account for new charges
- All Volunteers need to fill out a GCISD required background check
- Have you joined our FB Parent Page? If not, please go to the link and
request to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2772812576066464
Pit Crew Scholarship
The Pit Crew Scholarship recognizes and rewards senior members of the GHS Mustang Band who maintain a good academic standing and who exemplify what might be called the “pit crew work ethic” – working behind the scenes, doing unglamorous but necessary work, without seeking a reward other than helping the band. Band member(s) who are selected to receive a scholarship are recognized at the annual band banquet with a financial award that can range from $500 - $1000. The link to apply for a Pit Crew Scholarship will be posted on the Band Website on November 1st. The deadline to submit an application will be November 15th.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone.
Visit the band website for details.