Community Resources

*Updated on 7/24/22

Westside Family Resource Center

Located next to Westgate Elementary School at 7770 Hascall St. (Pipal Community Center) Entrance is at the Northeast doors (look for the red W's on the doors).

If you are in need of food, clothing or other resources, please schedule an appointment with one of the School Social Workers (contact info below).

Family Resource Center

Housing Resources

Family Housing Advisory Services Housing Help Line: 402-934-6763.

Heartland Family Service Housing Services: NE 402-934-8810. IA 712-435-5350

Heartland Family Service Rental and Utility Assistance: 402-451-6244

Open Door Mission Permanent Supportive Housing: 402-829-1545

Salvation Army Housing programs (Singles and Families): 402-898-7521

Omaha Housing Authority: 402-444-6900 or

Stephen Center Permanent Supportive Housing 402-715-5494 or 402-715-5500

Together Inc. 402-345-8047

Douglas County Housing Authority: 402-444-6203


K-12 Rides FREE Program (Medicaid transportation to appointments)

Internet Assistance

Emergency Broadband Benefit Program:

If additional assistance is needed for internet access, please contact the School Social Worker.


Heartland Workforce Solutions

Earn while you Learn -Bridges out of Poverty

June classes are now forming in English and Spanish. Get paid and learn strategies for getting ahead! Sign up for an in-person or online class today! Visit:

April Anderson, LCSW

School Social Worker at Westgate, Paddock Road, Rockbrook, Prairie Lane, Loveland, Swanson and Westside Early Childhood Centers

Francisca Gonzalez, BSW (Bilingual)

School Social Worker at Westbrook, Hillside, Oakdale and Sunset Hills

Kim Schenkelberg, LICSW

School Social Worker at Westside Middle School

Sarah Fehringer, LCSW

School Social Worker at Westside High School and West Campus
School Social Workers function as a link between the home, school and community. We can assist families who are experiencing social, familial and/or economic challenges that impact the learning process of students. Please contact your School Social Worker if you are in need of a referral for mental health services.