The GIVE BACK Project
Only for 5th Grade
Do you remember how it felt when you were learning to read? How someone else reading aloud to you really made a story come alive? Now, Fifth Graders, it's time to return the favor! Our job is to digitally share stories with younger readers.
- Visit this link to the Screen Actors Guild Foundation Storyline Online site.
- Select one of the stories and watch the complete video (use your earbuds or borrow some headphones from the library).
- Think about how the narrator presents the story. Do they read quickly or slowly? Does the speed of their voice change? Are they speaking clearly and with appropriate energy?
- What parts of the narrator's performance did you enjoy the most?
- Which parts could you emulate as a reader?
- Choose a story or poem for your own narration (Mrs. Obrecht can help with ideas).