What is done with all the PWT data?
Here are a few highlights...
What is the PWT (Plano Walk Through)?
The PWT is NOT an assessment or judgement on a teacher's skills. It is not a part of PDAS or other appraisal system.
Below is a paper version of what we see on our digital screens...
PWT data trends from 2012-13 to today...CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!!
The CORE department heads asked me to pull various pieces of data, and from that we discovered the following positive trends:
- an increase in small group and individual instruction
- a decrease in whole group and teacher-led instruction
- about 20% of our class time is spent in small groups
- an increase in teacher use of technology and presentation tools
- a large increase in the application levels of learning (apply, analyze, evaluate, create)
- a decrease in the lower levels of learning (remember, understand)
- worksheet use decreased from 15% to 9%
- a decrease in whole-class, teacher-led note-taking (lecture style)
- an increase in teacher providing feedback to students
- an increase in project-based learning
These are absolutely amazing things that we see on a daily basis in all of the classrooms at Rice! We appreciate all that you do to make Rice so wonderful!