Mid-November North Quad News
I'm so thankful for my North Quad team!
THANKSGIVING BREAK CLOSING INFO:
Because you worked so hard on the Hall Closing Meetings, closing should go very smoothly. We will know ahead of time who is leaving on Friday November 22nd. This means you should get out on Saturday, November 23rd before 12pm.
THANKS FOR YOUR WORK WITH CLOSING!!!
Once completed, your attendance rosters should be turned in to Denise in the CW Service Center.
Why? So we can close as many rooms as possible on Friday night and leave earlier on Saturday!
For your calendar...
Thanksgiving Closing Procedures: Begin November 22nd, 5:30pm Knapp 104 continues until Saturday November 23rd at 12pm
Halls Open: December 1st, 9:00am
Break Housing Forms are Due: November 18th no later than 12pm. After that, those requesting break housing will meet with me individually.
RA Interviews: Dec. 6th & 7th! You have heard from Bashaun Smith about your specific interview times. Please direct additional questions to him!
Fall semester classes end, quiet hours begin 11pm: Dec. 13
Last final exam: Dec. 20
Halls close for Winter Break at 9am: Dec. 21
Winter Summit: Begins on Thursday January 16th at 4:00pm.
Keep an eye out for Winter Break RA Applications! Coming soon!
REFRESHER: Room Condition Reports!
Some tips for completing RCRs:
- Write neatly or pass the pen to someone else.
- Take pictures of any and all damage using reference sheets (EMAIL: email@example.com)
- Write the DATE, NAME and ROOM NUMBER when documenting new damage.
When Documenting a Room for a Policy Violation:
- WRITE THE SUMMARY LINE IN ADVOCATE (Ex: 5-6 words MAX - "Tapestry covering 75% of ceiling" or "Smoke detector covered with plastic bag)
- Anything in plain sight that is a violation MUST BE DOCUMENTED (Ex: Large knife on desk, Marijuana pipe on windowsill)
- Be descriptive
- Make note of all incidents including room number. Call security at the END of closing with the entire list. This will limit the number of calls and allows you do call in all incidents at once rather than stopping and starting the process.
- FILL OUT THE BACK OF THE RCR but LEAVE THE BILLING SECTION BLANK