Week at a Glance
Week of February 15 to 19, 2016
Week at a Glance
February is Black History Month. The theme for the district is hallowed grounds, sites of African American memories.
Sunday, February 14:
- Happy birthday, Mr. Falcon!
Monday, February 15:
- President's Day - No school
- Teachers' deadline to validate years of teaching experience in Oracle
Tuesday, February 16:
- Validations lists are due from teachers to Ms. Gallo no later than noon
- 4th Writing Released STAAR
- 5th Science interim
- Campus PD, 4:15-6:15pm (TELPAS Calibration could take up to two hours, please make arrangements. The average time for calibration is 60-90 minutes.)
- No group data meeting this week. Teachers will receive an invitation via email of your specific data meeting time. K-5th teachers will discuss interim/STAAR Released results and action plan. Specials teachers will discuss their DOL tracker and action plan.
Wednesday, February 17:
- Happy birthday, Ms. Scott!
- K-4th Reading interim
- 5th Reading Released STAAR
- Team meetings
- College shirt or school spirit shirt, and khakis or slacks
Thursday, February 18:
- K-4th Math interim
- 5th Math Released STAAR
- PLCs moved to Friday
- Administrator Meeting, 4:15-5:45pm - Please bring your data:
- spot observation for teachers you evaluate
- Achieve 3000
- Reasoning Mind
Friday, February 19:
- Happy birthday, Mr. Proctor!
- 2nd-5th teachers - scan answer documents in All in Learning by 5pm
- PLC meeting in Data Room - Please bring:
- hard copy of lesson plans for next week,
- hard copy of DOL assessment,
- stem questions (Kilgo or Region 10)
- ILT meeting, 4:15pm-5:45pm
- Operations meeting, 3:00-4:00pm - Please bring:
- Your important dates/events
- Tasks for next week
- Support needed for tasks
- Superhero shirt with jeans
Saturday, February 20:
- Destination Imagination Competition
Upcoming events/important dates:
February 8-March 31- UNCF fundraising period
February 21 - Happy birthday, Ms. Sanders!
February 22-26 - Book Fair
February 22-26 - Extended planning for teachers
February 22 - Teachers verify grades by 3pm
February 23 - Job-alike, 4:30-6:00pm
February 23 - Kindergarten and 1st field trip: Le Theatre de Marionette
February 24 - Girl Scouts meeting
February 25 - African American Heritage Month Program
February 29-March 4 - Read Across Russell week (Dr. Seuss theme)
February 29 - Happy birthday, Ms. Delgado!
February 29 - 5th grade field trip: Symphony
February 29 - Report cards go home
February 29 - "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" - Wear red and blue
March 1 - "Fox in socks" - Wear crazy socks
March 2 - "Green eggs and ham" - Wear green
March 3 - "Cat in the hat" - Wear your favorite hat
March 4 - "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street" - Dress up as your favorite Dr. Seuss book character -- Parade at 3pm (staff and students dressed in Dr. Seuss book characters only)
March 6 - Happy birthday, Mr. Quevedo!
March 18 - Happy birthday, Ms. Harris!
Released STAAR and interim exams
Please complete your scan to All in Learning no later than February 19 at 4:59pm. Remember to title your scan lastname_sections_content_what it is. In this particular case, here is an example of Ms. Simpson's test: Simpson_5A5B_Math_STAAR Released
Since you will be active monitoring during testing, you may wear jeans and comfortable shoes (tennis shoes are ok) the days you are involved in testing.
Lunch will be provided for those involved with testing.
Kudos for 80% of students in Tier 1 on I-Station
Congratulations to all! Thank you for making early reading skills a priority in your classrooms!
- Mr. Portales - 83%
- Ms. Soler - 84%
- Mr. Abrego - 82%
- Ms. Valentin - 89%
- Ms. Soler - 89%
- Ms. Rodriguez - 80%
Power Hour - Kudos and Focus for this week
Last week and this, we are working on making sure that the intervention lesson that you are teaching during your small groups is targeting a low-scoring SE. For STAAR grade levels, please look at your data and determine which low-scoring SE will have the most impact and focus on those during small group. If you need to make adjustments to your intervention calendar, this is a good time to do so.
"On point" instruction
Read Across Russell Week
"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"
Wear red and blue with jeans
"Fox in socks"
Wear crazy socks
"Green eggs and ham"
"Cat in the hat"
Wear your favorite hat
"And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street"
Dress up as your favorite Dr. Seuss book character and be part of the parade at 3pm