Sevier Scoop...Parent Edition
Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday season with friends and family. We are excited to be back and are ready to hit the ground running this second semester. Teachers spent the day on Monday learning with colleagues and planning for some exciting learning experiences for our students. As we begin the second half of this year, I want to encourage you to sign up for the parent portal in Aspen so you can keep track of your child's progress throughout the semester. You can also stay connected to what is happening in the classroom by joining their Canvas course as an observer. We appreciate you working along side us to make sure our students are continuing to grow in knowledge and in character.
Updates and Reminders
- Students completed their second benchmark just before winter break. Look for results to be posted in Aspen soon. These results do not impact student grades, but are meant to communicate with you their progress toward mastery of the content.
- First payment of $200 for 8th grade Washington DC trip is due on or before Jan. 14.
- Just as a reminder, students have access to telehealth visits in our clinic, as well as Covid testing. Please contact the nurse should you have questions or wish to utilize this service.
- Yearbook pre-orders are now live! Reserve your copy of the yearbook! Visit ybpay.com and use school code 13619722 to order your copy of the yearbook!
- Homework help daily after school until 3:30.
- Tutoring available Tuesday-Friday beginning at 7:00 am.
Get Involved at Sevier....
- Gaming Club meets on Wednesdays until 3:30.
Math Counts meets Wednesdays with Ms. Perdue until 4:30.
Prayer Warriors club will meet on Monday, Jan. 10 at 7:15 in the Wellness room for those interested.
ROTC meets on Mondays after school in the auditorium until 4:00.
Spring sports will have tryouts and begin practice soon. Be on the look out for information concerning track and field, baseball, and softball.
Robotics Practice will resume for all members in 6th, 7th and 8th Grade on Tuesday January 11th.
The Science Olympiad will resume Thursday January 6th.
Save the Date....
- Jan. 6--Reports cards are distributed
- Jan. 17--MLK Holiday--no school
- Jan. 20--Oral spelling bee for those who qualified during the written exam.
- Feb. 4--Parent teacher conference day--no school for students. Please call the counseling center to set up an conference with your child's teacher.