After High School Plan : Pharmacist
What type of education do I need?
College & Doctorate- Pre-pharmacy -> Pharmacy School -> Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)-- professional degrees
Graduates of Pharm.D. degree programs must pass the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination administered by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)
Oregon State University
- Oregon State University's College of Pharmacy
- Pre-pharmacy -> Pharmacy School -> Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- cost : $25,434/year ; 6 years = $152,604
- Admission requirement : minimum GPA 2.5 (preferred above 3.00) , ACT or SAT, 4 years in English, 3 years in Math, 3 years in social studies, 3 years in science, 2 years in the same foreign language, and insight resume.
Deadlines and Decisions : Early deadline- November 1, your status will be notify by December 20. Priority Application- February 1 your status will be notify by March 15.
Student population : 28,886 (23,903 undergraduate)
student:teacher ratio - 19:1
Things to Do in Corvallis
- Da Vinci Days, a three-day celebration of music, arts and science
- the Corvallis Fall Festival, a weekend festival showcasing artists from all over Oregon
- Cycling Marys Peak
- Farmer's market
only 1hr 30 mins away from Portland.
45 mins from Oregon coast.
Average weather in Corvallis
- Jan 34-47 (1 inch of snow)
- Feb 35-51 (1 inch of snow)
- Mar 37-56
- Apr 40-61
- May 44-67
- Jun 49-73
- Jul 52-82
- Aug 51-83
- Sep 48-77
- Oct 42-65
- Nov 38-53
- Dec 33-46 (1 inch of snow)
- central western Oregon
- Corvallis is nestled in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley
Paying for College
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)- OCtober 1.
- The Josephine County Educational Fund. The application will be due the February 6
- OSAC scholarships
- Oregon Opportunity Grant – As soon as possible after January 1. Awards made until funds are depleted.
My goals during high school
- 4.0 GPA
- take AP classes.
- work and save money for college.
Classes I will take to achieve my goals
- AP chemistry
- AP stat
- AP Calculus
- College prep
Available Community Volunteer Work
- drug store
- Working on campus in college.