What is it? How does it happen? What are some factors? Why?
How might it happen? (Signs of this type of cancer)
Some ways that you might be able to detect it:
- Strange lump on the neck
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble swallowing
- Hoarseness when talking
What are some contributing factors that might impact someone's risk of having it?
- Being female
- Being ages 25-65
- Being Asian (Sorry, I'm not trying to be racist.)
- Being exposed to a large amount of radiation or having some sort of x-ray as a child (especially in the head and neck area)
- Having a family history of thyroid cancer, thyroid enlargement, or any other thyroid problem
- Having a genetic condition
A cause helping people with it.
There are quite a few causes helping and educating people about Thyroid Cancer.
- The American Cancer Society
- The THYCA: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association INC.
- And the American Thyroid Association