Haggard Middle School Newsletter
August 6, 2021
• Our east side/cafeteria doors open at 7:45 AM.
• Our west side/front office doors open at 8:00 AM each day. Parents are welcome to drop off students at either location.
• Walkers and bike riders can enter through either door.
• Staff are on duty daily from 7:45 AM to 8:30 AM to supervise students and help prepare them for the day.
• Here is a link to Haggard’s Traffic Plan for your convenience.
• Bus riders exit through the east side/cafeteria area of the building.
• Carpool riders exit through the west side/front office area of the building.
• Walkers and bike riders may exit through either door.
• Our school day ends at 3:30 PM daily. All students are expected to be off campus daily no later than 3:45 PM unless they are in a scheduled supervised after-school activity.
First Day School Supplies
• Students are asked to bring all of their school supplies to their first-period class on Wednesday.
• Teachers will be organizing supplies and ensuring the appropriate supplies are in the appropriate classroom.
• Students are welcomed and encouraged to carry backpacks.
• Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle on the first day and throughout the school year.
Chromebooks will be checked out to students during the first few days of school.
Chromebooks - Action Required
• All K-12 students are eligible to receive a district-issued Chromebook. Parents should complete and sign a Student Technology Request Form for each student and submit the form to the student's assigned campus. Visit the district’s website for general handling and required care.
Good information to know
- The Plano ISD Return to School Plan, which includes health and safety protocols, has been updated for the 2021-2022 school year. This year’s protocols have been amended in compliance with the Governor’s May 18 Executive Order, as well as guidance from the Texas Education Agency and Collin County Health Services.
- Plano ISD will continue to monitor trends and consult with Collin County Health Care Services and the Texas Education Agency.
- In the best interest of the health and safety of students and staff, protocols are subject to change in order to address evolving conditions, needs and circumstances. Updated information will continue to be shared via email and posted on the Plano ISD website at www.pisd.edu. View the Return to School Plan | Spanish Translation Coming Soon
- Additional information can be accessed through the District Updates for Plano ISD Families 2021-22.