Denton Dolphin News
October 21, 2021
DES Book Fair: Next Week
This year's DES Book Fair will continue to be virtual only. Flyers are being sent home this week.
• Students may shop during their Media Class period only. Mr. Bouchat's E Day students will shop on Monday, October 25 (F day) since the Book Fair is not running during E day.
• No outside guests will be allowed in the building for the Book Fair.
• Purchases can be paid for by CREDIT CARD or SCHOLASTIC EWALLET ONLY. NO CASH WILL BE TAKEN. EWallet accounts can be set up on the Book Fair Website included in the link below.
• Students and families can also shop online for the Book Fair through November 7.
Feel free to contact Mr. Bouchat with any questions.
Book Character Parade, October 29
Start Time: 9:15am
• The parade route will be as follows. Classes will exit from the front door and proceed right towards the PreK door on the street. They will loop through the back parking lot along Sharp Road and walk to the Kindergarten door and re-enter the building and return to the classrooms.
• Students will parade through one time.
• Visitors will need to remain in their cars or may stand in the grass area by the DES sign until all buses have arrived (around 9:05 AM). Once the signal is given, visitors may stand along the route to watch the students; please stay behind the cones to keep our students safe. Due to social distancing, masks are strongly encouraged for all visitors, even outside.
• Parents will only be allowed outside.
• Students will wear masks for the duration of the parade.
• Students MUST arrive in their costume as we will be starting right away after announcements.
• Students who arrive late will walk at the end of the parade instead of with his/her class.
• Parking for visitors will be available on the back field and at the park down Sharp Road. Please do not park on the street in front of the houses.
• If you do not want your child to participate in the Book Character Parade, please notify your child's teacher as soon as possible.
• Students will continue with learning activites following the parade.
• Since this is an early dismissal day, Wave 1 will be called around 12:40 or when those buses arrive. There will be no early dismissal students called after 12:15 PM.
Parade Order by Grade Level:
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Third Grade
- Fifth Grade
Thank you for joining us for this special day!
Make-Up Picture Day
The make-up picture day is scheduled for November 2. If your child was absent or did not have a photograph taken for the yearbook, we will have one taken on this day. Please see the link below to order pictures or check on your order. The pdf attachment contains the picture flyer with prices.https://strawbridge.fotomerchanthv.com/clients/denton-elementary/fall-retake-pictures-11-2-2021-30/optIn
Denton Elementary is a Title I School
Vision of Excellence:
The Denton Elementary School Family will promote the core values of S. W. I. M. by supporting a challenging curriculum, honoring individuality, and working collaboratively.
S: Stay Safe
W: Work Hard
I: Include Others
M: Make Responsible Choices