October 9, 2020
Hello Ride Families,
I would like to start this week's message by welcoming the new students who will be joining us on campus for the second nine weeks for in person instruction on Tuesday, October 13th.
I reposted some of our reopening guidelines for everyone as we return on Tuesday.
The CISD Roadmap to Reopening includes the guidelines for all students to wear Face coverings in the following areas: buses, common areas, rest rooms, café, transitions and when 6' social distancing is not possible. The kids are doing a great job with all of our safety guidelines in place. We are looking forward to seeing additional Challenger faces on Tuesday.
I included the Welcome Back and Arrival video below as a reminder to our returning students and a guide for our new students attending on campus. This will give you a good idea of what to expect at Ride during arrival, class time, and dismissal :
Entering school, lunches, and forgotten items:
- The school opens at 7:30am each day. The school is closed prior to that time. Parents will not be allowed inside the building or in large gathering areas.
- Send lunches with child in the morning. If a lunch is forgotten, please have child eat cafe lunch that day.
- Send a water bottle clearly labeled with students' name on it. The district is installing a water bottle refill station for ease with refilling bottles safely.
Dismissal: Please make sure your teacher knows how your child is going home. All changes are made directly with your homeroom teacher. You may want to ask for a confirmation that it was received.
You are all doing a great job! Hope you can get some rest and enjoy the long weekend.
Enjoy your weekend,
Megan Burnham, Principal
October 9-12, our campus will be closed ~ Enjoy your Holiday
Help us create the yearbook by sending us your school pictures. If you have photos from remote learning, back to school, Ride Nights, Grandparents Day, I Walk To School Day, or any other school activity send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Yearbook Photos. We look forward to seeing all the kids faces!
Our Ride Teachers Are Awesome
Campus Curbside Meal Pick Up
Beginning October 1, Conroe ISD will offer Free breakfast and lunch meals to ALL in-person students, remote/online learning students, and children 18 and younger in the community. Meals will be at no cost through December pending funding availability from the United Stated Department of Agriculture.
- Peet Junior High School
- Stockton Junior High School
- Moorhead Junior High School
- Irons Junior High School
- York Junior High School
- McCullough Junior High School
- Knox Junior High School
Save the Date - October 14 Spirit Night
Sign up and Volunteer
Ride PTO members can volunteer to help during our Spring Creek Spirit Night.
Volunteers will receive:
- A complimentary meal (dine-in or take out) the night of the event.
- A Spring Creek Barbecue Spirit Night Apron to wear the night of the event.
- A $15 Spring Creek Barbecue Gift Card which will be received along with awarded check.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Coats for Kids Drive
The Conroe ISD Health Department was consulted and approved of our coat drive and procedures.
Last year we received and distributed over 1,800 coats, jackets, hoodies, and sweaters!
Thanks so much for all you do in helping make our outreach programs successful!
Gifted and Talented Testing
Referral requests are now open for Conroe Independent School District Gifted and Talented program. Referrals will be accepted through December 18. Gifted and Talented referral link is attached. Please complete form digitally and email form to email@example.com.
Walk to School is now WALK THE PATHWAYS!
Please join PTO for the Meet Up for Walk The Pathways on Wed. Oct. 21st @ 4:30 pm to chalk the school parking lot with messages of encouragement and appreciation for the teachers and staff and chalk the walking paths with encouraging messages for the students.
-Chalk will be provided
-Everyone is welcome to participate
-We will be outside for the event but ask that everyone maintain social distancing and wear a mask
The new event, Walk the Pathways is a friendly, socially-distanced competition between elementary schools to encourage outdoor activity and promote pedestrian safety through experience and games. The competition will occur during two weeks in October: Sunday, October 11 through Saturday, October 24. We've listed the three things you need to do:
- On their Website, pledge to walk the pathways. Online Pledge
- Take photos of your activities. Share on social media, #RideWALKS.
- Walk, Walk, Walk!!!!!
Attendance - In Person and Remote Learners
If your child is absent for any reason, they may do any one of the following to be counted present that day.
1. Student shows as active for the day in Canvas or SeeSaw report.
2. Student attends a live video conference in a platform such as Zoom or Canvas.
3. Student starts, completes or turns in an assignment from canvas, Seesaw, email, phone/video call, paper assignment.
Students have until 11:59PM on that specific day to participate.
It is very important to make every attempt at one of the three options.
School hours are 8:00 - 3:10. Doors open at 7:30am
Roadmap to Reopening Conroe ISD
This website is updated daily and changes are in red.
When to keep your Child Home From School
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
Parent Access Login
By logging into Parent Access, you can check your child's grades, assignments, and attendance.
To access your child’s information online you must register for an account.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.