The Great Depression
Trent, Kip, Meghan, and Brittany
Three interesting facts
- By 1940, 2.5 million people fled to the Great Plains. Roughly 200,000 moved to California.
- Thousands of homeless families camped out on the great lawn at central park in New York City, which was an empty reservoir during the Great Depression.
- Comic strips like Superman, Flash Gordon, and Dick Tracy kept children entertained during the Great Depression.
Questions to consider
2. Some causes of the Great Depression are the stock market crash of 1929, bank failures, reduction in purchasing across the board, american economic policy with Europe, and drought conditions.
3. Everyone was affected by the Great Depression. Many people lost their jobs, homes, children were deprived, and loss of education.