Virtual Learning Academy Newsletter
May 2, 2021
We are in the home stretch!
The 2021-2022 application window for new to VLA students is open and can be accessed from our school webpage. If you know a student that would be a great addition to VLA, please share the application information with them. The window is set to close May 10th. Current VLA families who plan to continue with VLA DO NOT need to complete the application, this is just for new students.
This week's newsletter has information about the following:
- Student Success Story
- Teacher Spotlight
- KPREP information for 3-8, 10 and 11 grades
- PTA Update
Student Success Story: Eliscia Banks, 11th Grade
Eliscia has been instrumental in helping to get the VLA HS Student Ambassador club up and running. She never misses a meeting and has shared so many creative ideas and excitement for student events. Her outstanding planning and leadership skills are a true asset to our group and school! Eliscia would be excellent serving as a student voice for school open house events or as a student mentor to new VLA students.
- Ms. Rebecca Miculinich, HS Science Teacher
Teacher Spotlight: All VLA Teachers!
Show your teachers you appreciate them this week!
KPREP Testing Reminders
No KPREP for K-2, 9th or 12th grades. Students who have signed up to take KPREP will be joining us at VLA offices next week:
May 4, 2021
- 3rd 8:15 Drop Off - 10:30 Pick Up
- 4th 8:15 Drop Off - 11:30 Pick Up
- 5th 8:15 Drop Off - 12:00 Pick Up
May 5, 2021
- 6th 8:15 Drop Off - 10:30 Pick Up
- 7th 8:15 Drop Off - 11:30 Pick Up
- 8th 8:15 Drop Off - 12:00 Pick Up
May 6, 2021
- 10th 8:15 Drop Off - 10:30 Pick Up
- 11th 8:15 Drop Off - 11:00 Pick Up
VLA PTA Update