Rotorua Intermediate 17 March 2021
Festival on the Field
We are looking forward to seeing our families and extended whanau at our upcoming
‘Festival on the Field’.
This event provides an informal opportunity to interact with your child’s teacher as part of getting to know each other and building positive learning partnerships.
The event is being held on Wednesday 17 March between 5pm and 7pm.
This is an opportunity for you to bring your family, bring your dinner, make yourself a picnic spot on the grass and enjoy some live entertainment performed by current and past pupils, along with special guest items by well known local entertainers.
It is also an opportunity to chat to your child’s teacher about how your child has settled into class, as well as sharing the feedback you are receiving at home.
See you there!
- Friday 19 March ---------- Teacher Only Day - School Closed
- Friday 19 March ---------- PB/BOP Swimming - Aquatic Centre
- Monday 22 March --------Term 1 Reports go home
- Monday 22 March---------Flouride Programme
- Tuesday 23 March ------- Photolife School Photos
- Thursday 25 March ------ 7 Hour Relay
- Friday 26 March ---------- PB/BOP Touch - Rotorua Stadium
- Monday 29 March---------Pukaki 2 & Pukaki 3 staying overnight on Tunohopu Marae
- Monday 29 March -------- Pukaki Whanau going to Tunohopu Marae
- Tuesday 30 March-------- Whanau Day - Pukaki Whanau at Blue Lake
- Wednesday 31 March----- School Swim Comp - Rotorua Aquatic Centre
- Thursday 1 April---------- FOTS Mufti Day - Gold Coin
- Friday 2 April-------------- Good Friday - School Closed
- Monday 5 April------------ Easter Monday - School Closed
- Tuesday 6 April----------- Easter Tuesday - School Closed
- Thursday 8 April---------- FOTS Disco 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Thursday 8 April---------- Manaakitanga Assembly
- Friday 9 April-------------- Whanau Board Competition
- Wednesday 14 April------ CBOP Swimming - Rotorua Aquatic Centre
- Thursday 15 April---------Haka / Waiata Competition
- Friday 16 April------------ Term 1 Finishes
- Monday 3 May------------ Term 2 Starts
Dear Parents / Caregivers
Wednesday 31 March – Recreational and Swimming Sports Day
All students are encouraged to attend our swimming sports day and to be at the Aquatic Centre by 8.30am. Students are to wear mufti in the colour of their whanau house (no school uniforms). No paint or crepe paper is to be added to costumes.
Hats and sunscreen are strongly encouraged. You may wish to bring a sun umbrella for further sun protection; this will be your responsibility.
Student requirements for those opting in to this event:
- Towel & T Shirt
- Hat with a brim & sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Healthy snacks
- A Healthy Lunch will be provided as per RI’s program
- An excellent relaxed attitude to participate
Sausage sizzles, drinks & ice blocks will also be available to purchase on the day.
Venue Cost: $5.00 per child for all students (swimmers & non-swimmers).
Students are to assemble outside the gates at the side entrance to the pool, in their class lines ready for roll call at 8.45am.
All students will be released from the pool at 2.15pm. Please advise your class teacher in writing if your child is required to remain at the Aquatics until 2.45pm.
Cyclists: If students wish to cycle to the pool they must have a helmet and a lock. This will be your responsibility.
We look forward to an awesome day!
Music Performance classes give students the opportunity to learn a range of instruments, such as Guitar, Keyboard, Ukulele, Drums and Vocal. Percussion, Electric guitar and Bass guitar, are also introduced during these lessons, plus there is the incentive of being able to utilise the recording studio at various times.
The genres of music covered include...Pop, Rock, Reggae, Classical and Kiwi music, focussing on a variety of music artists as diverse as Queen, Bob Marley, Six60, Lorde, Beethoven, L.A.B, the Eagles, Deep Purple, Stan Walker, Dave Dobbyn, Michael Jackson, White Stripes, Jason M’Raz, Taylor Swift, Pink Floyd….and the Performance day during the final session allows the opportunity to showcase what the students have learnt during the term.
Other opportunities for students to display their talents include ‘R.I.S. Has Got Talent’, ‘Festival on the Field’ and the 7 hour Fun Relay as well as at numerous assemblies throughout the year.