GIS School Newsletter
Points of Pride at GIS- This month is dedicated to our gym!
- Updated Gaylord Logo
- Agility ladders and jump dots painted into the floor
- Pickle ball lines for our racquet unit
- Number system on the floor for student management
- Cleaner lines and a fresh look
The GIS Counselors are excited to be able to offer support groups again this year. Some of the possible group topics will be:
- family changes
- social peer skills
If you are interested in your student being part of a group or have any questions, please call the counseling staff at 989-731-0856, ext. 1508 or 1509
Halloween Expectations at GIS
- Treat to share with the class MUST be store bought. (Just like Birthday treats) We currently do not allow homemade treats at this time. Please double check dietary restrictions of the classroom. (i.e. Peanut free classroom)
- Costumes can be worn to school. Please no facial covering when on the school bus or during instruction/passing time.
- No costume accessories that resemble a weapon or other dangerous objects.
Safety Lesson for Every Class in October
Children need knowledge and skills to protect themselves...
As part of the guidance curriculum at GIS, a lesson on personal safety will be presented to all grades starting in the month of October. The lesson will help students recognize the difference between safe/unsafe touch and identifying trusted adults in their lives. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the content of this lesson, please contact the counseling office at 989-731-0856, ext.1508 or ext. 1509.