Meadow Brook Magic
Week 5: September 9th-20th
District-Wide Professional Development
Mustang Monday Message
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! For those of you who are interested, there will be a free parent night tonight at Salem Hills High School @7 p.m. Dr. Hendershott will be speaking about behavior, self-esteem, mental health, learning, and relationships (there is more information below).
Thanks for your support! I know I speak for my staff when I say how blessed we feel to work with such an incredible community of students and parents!
Miss Balli, Principal
* Monday, Sept 16th: Staff Development Day—Students go home at noon; Free Parent Education Night 7 pm @ Salem Hills School (see information below)
* Tuesday, Sept 17th: Constitution Day; Vision Screening 9-10:30 a.m.; Tier 2 Math & Reading Interventions Begin; 2:45 Constitution Day Flag Ceremony;
* Wednesday, Sept 18th: 9:30-10:30 A.M. Area PTA Meeting
* Friday, Sept 20th: Third Grade Vivian Park Nature Walk 9-1:30 p.m
* Tuesday, Sept 24th: Orchestra Starts 8-8:50
* Wednesday, Sept 25th: Bus Evacuation Drills, Fifth grade Field Tip to Springville Power Plant
* Friday, Sept 27th: Mustang Stampede 2:50
Principal Mustang Club Winners
Nebo District's Attendance Policy
PTA Membership Drive
We need you! Become a member. Have a voice. Share ideas. Help our PTA become stronger.
What do members do?
As members, you are able to help plan the budget, plan programs, school events, and volunteer for opportunities within your child's classroom or at school events. Monthly meetings are not mandatory, but this is where you are able to share your ideas, ask the most questions, socialize and meet parents and teachers.
Who can join?
Anyone who has an interest in your child's education; parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbors, close friends, even high school siblings.
PTA provides support to the school, teachers, and administration which in turn creates a positive and caring atmosphere for the students.
Did you know that research shows that participating in your child's school and showing engagement helps them perform better academically? Come make a difference and join PTA today.
Let's reach gold together. The more members we have the stronger voice we have and the more support we are able to give to our children's school. As an added bonus all members get to enjoy benefits provided by the National PTA (https://www.pta.org/home/About-National-Parent-Teacher-Association/Benefits-of-PTA-Membership/Save-Money-with-Member-Offers)
Join today and get your very own Meadow Brook gold medal on our membership bulletin board. The classroom with the most responses returned by Friday, September 27th will get a Gold Medal Day to spend outside enjoying their very own Olympic games.
There are several ways to join.
1. Watch for the forms coming home.
2. Go to our School Spirit Store at https://meadowbrookelementary.axomo.com/
3. Go to Meadow Brook MemberHub at https://www.memberhub.com/If you are already a member or want to sign up on one of our online options still send the forms back with your kids. Just mark "I Am Already a Paid Member"! The class(es) with the most returned Membership forms will be able to participate in their very own Olympic Games.
CALL FOR ENTRIES — PTA REFLECTIONS CONTEST "LOOK WITHIN"
Join thousands of students nationwide as they reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and Visual Arts.
We'll be hosting a Reflections kickoff event at the school soon. Here is how students can participate:
1. Decide on a category (you can enter more than one!) and brainstorm ideas for this year's theme of "Look Within."
2. Look up the rules for your categories at UtahPTA.org/Reflections
3. Create your original work of art by Oct. 3
4. Take a picture of your student holding their artwork and email it with their name and teacher to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 3
5. Complete the entry form online at: shorturl.at/KyGP8. If you're entering the 2D, 3D and photography categories, bring your artwork to school by the deadline. All other submissions are digital.
Box Top Changes
Box Tops have changed! Now, using their free app, you scan your receipts to earn credit for your purchases of Box Tops items. See the attached flyer for more information and for the QR code to easily download the app. You'll need to set up an account with Box Tops if you haven't already done so, and then establish Meadow Brook Elementary as the school you wish to support. With this change to digital credit, ANYONE can help support our school (even family members that live out of state!). The app also lets you see your earnings as well as the school's total earnings.
Here is some additional clarification:
- If you're already in the habit of scanning your receipt for apps like Ibotta, ShopKick, Fetch, Coupons.com, Huggies, etc., this change is the same process. The Box Tops app lets you take a picture of your receipt (multiple pictures if it's a long receipt), and it will know when you've purchased an item with Box Tops earnings. If you aren't sure if the receipt had Box Tops items, you can scan the receipt anyway, and it will let you know if there was no item that matched. Some email receipts from shopping online are accepted as well!
- When you log onto the website (boxtops4education.com), there are almost always sweepstakes that you can enter (free of charge) that could earn prizes for our school.
- The app has bonus incentives that award more than just $.10 per purchased item (such as shopping at a certain store or buying a certain number of Box Tops item in one trip, etc).
Please still send in any box tops clips (the ones with codes in the top left corner and an expiration date on the bottom) that you have. There are many of those clips still out there (some still on packages in the stores) - including what you have collected over the summer - that will earn our school money.
Change is sometimes hard, and there can be questions/frustrations, but let's embrace these changes to help Meadow Brook Elementary by participating in the Box Tops program!