A Note From Your School Library
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children's literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children "hooked on reading" by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add over 200 of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements. Click here to search for books in our library.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- The Nook e-readers in the library will be available to 3rd and 4th graders for reading e-books this year!
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including author visits, a book fair, and reading contests.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org). We'd love to have you.
Our staff is ready and excited about this coming year and is committed to making the library your child's favorite place in the school!
(Image: "DSC_0671" by Salem (MA) Public Library. Found on flickr.com)